My computer freeze.. Need a driver

Reaction score
You just said a little while ago that you tried your old card and it was good. So no, old drivers wouldn't just disappear. Please simply do as I'm showing and when you are done, either say it works well or it doesn't.

I'm putting too much effort into a very simple basic procedure here, to be honest.

Good luck though. :)

Reaction score
Hello again.

The problem is still there, so I hope that you are not run out of good ideas

I tried the old card before the format..

Reaction score
Type msinfo32 in the start menu then press enter. File | save on the opened screen. Zip the saved file and attach to a post.

In the meantime, visit ASUS' site to download and install the latest chipset drivers for your motherboard.

And also, do you have the latest NVIDIA driver installed now?

Reaction score
Please follow my directions precisely on how to post the msinfo32.

This is a text file you attached. My directions produce a .nfo file instead.

Reaction score
It's hard for me to make things out since it is not in English, the only language I understand. Anyhow...

Close BitTorrentDNA.

Then use the task manager to close Flashutil10l_activex.exe.

Try a game and tell us how it goes.

If not well, then also set the Optimized Defaults in the first page of the bios and save.

Reaction score
I think I have found the problem. I read in a forum at Corsair's site that others have the same problem with Corsair TX950 when put together with an ASUS motherboard. So now I have written to Corsair and they have said they will take it back, but whether they will exchange it for another model that gets a little exciting. I have read that they have done for others.

Reaction score
Wow, that's very interesting. Yeah, good luck and please let us know the outcome. :)

Reaction score
I will keep you up to date.. Maybe i just buy a new one, because i shall build one more computer. So it's good to have some parts. :)

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Just an FYI, my GPU needed a firmware update fresh out of the box. Something to do with the fan running faster than it should.

Reaction score
But i dont think its the firmware. Because if it is, how can it then work in the shop where they have tested it?

I have tried everything in terms of software .. I have updated the bios, installed the latest driver, formatted my PC. And nothing will help. Then next step would be hardware failure and I am 100% sure that I have not. So I searched on google, to see if any of my hardware could be incompatible. And found the thing with my power supply.

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Just like BIOS updates, firmware updates can brick the component if they don't work properly. I was merely mentioning to TorrentG that mine came with a problem that the manufacturer recommended a fix for; yours may not have issues to fix.

But unless the computer store tried it on the same MB with the same video drivers as you, then they don't really have the same situation as you. Ever notice on a cake mix they list high altitude directions because even though it is the exact same batter it won't rise the same because others factors have an influence. Just like some printers will work in 32-bit but not in 64-bit because even though it's the same hardware the software drivers are different.

Reaction score
I've now found out something new. In the attached pictures you can see how the clock is set .. When I drive all sliders to their lowest so work the card for a longer time before my computer freeze, but it still freeze. It is as if it is overclocked too much, but I have not overclocked it.

So what can it be?

Attachments

Reaction score
I have something called AI tweeker or something like that in my bios.. Can it do something to my card by it self?

I dont know anything about overclocking

Reaction score
Now I have made a major discovery which will hopefully tell you something. My graphics card freezes my computer every time it reaches 35 degrees (Celcius)

Reaction score
I think your card is faulty. The guy that tested it probably booted Windows and was like, "It's good."

But I didn't really see anything wrong in that video.

Ask a Question