Computer freezes at logon

Reaction score
hi guys. my computer has also bon like that but now when i started it at the windows-login thing it freezes (sry for my english) and then it reboots itself and same thing happens again... so anyone knows that to do ? i have a acer aspire 7535g with win7 64bit

MOD NOTE: Originally posted in the freezing THREAD

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Hi,

have you fixed your computer now? I happen to see your post in Google. Please share your experience if possible.

I have the freezing problem, too. Really annoying. :mad:

I am reading some more info about why windows 7 freezes here now: http://blog.teesupport.com/computer...o-fix-computer-freezes-randomly-in-windows-7/ ...but I can' bear any more if I cannot fix it tomorrow and I am thinking of throwing it out of the Window!!!

Reaction score
Hi,

Try to boot in safe mode and verify if the computer works fine without freezing. To boot to the desktop in safe mode keep tapping F8 key during restart. Once you see the option to boot in safe mode select it and press enter.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Start-your-computer-in-safe-mode

If the computer works fine in safe mode, you try to put the computer in clean boot state to make sure that third party applications are not causing this issue with computer performance.

To perform a clean boot, follow the steps below:
1. Click Start, type msconfig in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
2. On the General tab, click Selective Startup.
3. Under Selective Startup, click to clear the Load Startup Items check box.
4. Click the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All.
5. Click OK.
6. When you are prompted, click Restart.
7. After the computer starts, check if it works normally.

Ask a Question