My computer freeze.. Need a driver

Reaction score
HI Drilla

I noticed your Windows Experience Index for a GTS 450 was 1.0. This is extremely low for any graphics adapter. I have the same card with an index of 7.1 for the graphics. It would appear to me that you do not have your graphics drivers setup correctly.

You may need to uninstall your graphics drivers and then reboot before installing the new drivers.

Reaction score
They say they have made this test on the card:

FurMark
Farcry 2 benchmark
3D Mark Vantage
ATI Tool
Crysis

But i also think it is faulty..

Reaction score
I think that 1.0 rating may be because the WEI was never completed with that card installed.

Reaction score
it is 1.0 because i have tested it without the graphic driver.. I used standard VGA driver.. Because the problem is that this index freeze my pc when i have installed the driver to my card. That is the main problem. But then i tried to run other graphic and watched the temp on my card, and noticed that every time it reach 35 degrees it freeze.

Reaction score
It is supposed to freeze the pc. You aren't supposed to touch the mouse while the test is running.

Start the test, walk away and return to the pc about 10 minutes later to see the results.

Reaction score
I have run this test with my old card, and it do not freeze there.
And it is not the meaning that my pc shall freeze when i try to watch a youtube movie, play a game or anything else that require more graphic than my desktop icons.

Reaction score
Hello again.

Now, a computer technician looked at my PC via Remote Desktop. He found no errors in configurations. He advised me to try to install windows xp, which I've tried but it does not work there either.

He thought it might be the card when I had tried all these things. I have even also tried to change the hard drive.

I also run a memtest and my memory fails nothing.

I call a shop tomorrow to hear if they can run a test on the card.

Reaction score
Yep, I already said the card is defective. No secrets there.

I think your card is faulty. The guy that tested it probably booted Windows and was like, "It's good."

Reaction score
Yeah.. It's probably pointless now but I have added a picture that shows volts, temperature, etc.

Attachments

Ask a Question