My computer freeze.. Need a driver

Reaction score
Hello.

I have just installed an ASUS GTS450 graphic card in my computer and installed the latest driver from ASUS. But my computer freeze when i try to play games or make a system assessment. It freeze when it try to test: Direct3D Aero.

Then i uninstalled the driver and now run with a standard VGA driver, but i can ofcurse not play any games with this.. So i really hope, that someone have a solution.

I have tried this:

Update bios
Update to latest driver
Reinstall Windows

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Did you check if there is a firmware update for the card?

Is your power supply adequate for that GPU? Did you attach the extra power cable?

Did you buy it new or used? Truth is even new can be bad but used may have been damaged by overclocking.

Reaction score
Hello.

I have bought it new. And my power supply works and support the card.. It's an: Corsair TX950, i have also attach the 6pin PCI-E cable to the card.

I have not checked for firmware updates. But i will check it when i have tried the files, TorrentG has attached.

Reaction score
Ya, cool. I wouldn't touch the firmware. That's a very easy way to destroy the card and it happens all the time. :)
Cards are never shipped with faulty firmware at all and it's never an issue.

Once the NVIDIA driver is installed, leave it alone. If you have further issues, let us know. We will have to take care of other things.

Reaction score
Hello again.

Now I've tried those files, and it still freezing. It is also excluded that the card is damaged, the shop where I bought it in run a test.

Right now I have just installed windows and the files were on the forum. I have not even installed anti-virus yet, so it is excluded also that I have a driver / software that is in conflict with the driver.

If i put my old graphic card into the computer again, then it works all perfect.. But as soon as i install the drivers to this new card, then it freeze..

I can not run forever with the standard VGA driver who is the only one not freeze the card.

If i check my system performance, then it freeze when it try to test: Direct3D Aero or if i open a game. When i use the standard VGA driver it pass the test.

Reaction score
Use Driver Sweeper from guru3d.com to clear ALL ATI AND NVIDIA video drivers/files/settings, in safe mode.

If you have NVIDIA chipset, do not check the box for that.

Reboot to normal mode and install the latest driver from the site I linked to.

Let me know how this does for you. :)

(I bet your original card was an ATI one, heh?)

Reaction score
And the shop have tested the card, and says that everything is ok. I dont think it is my computer, when it can run with the old card without any kind of errors

Reaction score
And the shop have tested the card, and says that everything is ok. I dont think it is my computer, when it can run with the old card without any kind of errors
See my previous post.

Reaction score
Okay i will try that right now.. If it can be to any help then i have a: ASUS P5Q3 Motherboard

Reaction score
Yes, please answer my question about which old card you've had. I'm curious. :)

But sure, what I said to do has excellent chances. If not, we will definitely be able to get this working well for you. Not to worry.

Reaction score
Now im done.. And my screen is back on 800*600 pretty big.. :)

Reaction score
Nice, set a higher resolution for the video in Windows.

Everything should be well now if you followed well, considering your old card was an ATI one. Enjoy.

Reaction score
I was to fast.. It will not delete the driver.. It will not erase the card .. There is an exclamation point on my graphics card. But I deleted all the drivers in Safe Mode. And i can still see the drivers in Driver Sweeper..

Reaction score
If you already deleted both the ATI and NVIDIA drivers in safe mode with Driver Sweeper, simply install the latest video driver now:

NVIDIA

Reaction score
Yes, i have deleted them.. But they still appear in Driver Sweeper when i make a new scan?

Reaction score
I can see this in driver sweeper after the clean i made in fail safe mode:

ATI- Display
Creative - Sound
NVIDIA - Chipset
NVIDIA - Display
NVIDIA - PhysX
Realtek - Sound

Reaction score
Don't worry about that. You're just confused on how it works. It will always show that.

Make sure you've deleted ATI and NVIDIA Displays in safe mode. Then boot to normal mode and install the latest driver from here:

NVIDIA

Follow instructions without your own thinking into it and it will go well.

If issues persist after, we have to look at other things.

Last edited:
Reaction score
LOL okay.. I will try that, but can you tell me how this can change anything? I have formated my computer, so if there was any old drivers they shold be gone.. Or not?

Ask a Question