SOLVED Official Windows 7 SP1 ISO Image Downloads

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Windows XP was supported for 12.5 years and had 3 service packs. Vista has been out over 7 years and has had 2 service packs so far. Windows 7 has been available for 4.5 years and has had 1 service pack released so far. We can wish for more but the math would seem to say we can expect one Service Pack about every 3 years.

Reaction score
Guys thanks for reply. I agree with u guyz, it is so shitty of MS not releasing SP2 for Win7. I also hate Win8 and don't want 2 use it. Will switch 2 MAC in future. Ubuntu also getting worse

Reaction score
Hi TM,
quick question for you...when I click on the link, a window pops up askiing if I want to open or save, nothing about treating it as an image or burning. What should I do? Save in the DVD? that's it?

Cheers
downloaded 64 bit home p iso pretty quick with DAP 10. Imageburn created bootable disk with just iso on, it didn't work. I then tried windows bootable usb creator which only uses the win 7 iso image, but it didn't recognise the download as a valid iso image. Then used power iso to extract files and burned them, but imageburn did not create bootable disk, so im running out of ideas.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
When you say imageburn, do you mean the software IMGBurn?

"Imageburn created bootable disk with just iso on, it didn't work" - in what way didn't it work? Can you see a list of files on the DVD or just one? Did you make sure your BIOS is set so the DVD is first in the BOOT order? Do you get an install menu?

If you have the ISO on your machine and IMGBurn is installed then right-click on the ISO file and choose open with IMGBurn. Click Burn. But as I said, now you must reboot the machine with the DVD as first in the boot order.

Last edited:
Reaction score
what version of the downloads is the newest there 1 set of downloads on the first page X17-24395.iso and X17-59465 with media refresh on the second I would think 59465 should be the newest as higher version number?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
All the files in the media refresh (SP1-U) post are newer.

Reaction score
ahh thank you :) about to do a reformat soon and I prefer to use a as updated version as possible my cd is pre service pack one and like to keep the registry entries as low as I can from the start.

Reaction score
Can any provide a link for Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Danish?
If it has SP1 it's a great + :)

Thank you in advance.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
For most foreign versions we only have links for Professional. So download W7 SP1-U Professional 64-bit (x64) and then edit the ISO file; if you delete the ei.cfg file it then functions as an "any version" ISO and you can use it to install Ultimate. See how HERE.

Reaction score
For most foreign versions we only have links for Professional. So download W7 SP1-U Professional 64-bit (x64) and then edit the ISO file; if you delete the ei.cfg file it then functions as an "any version" ISO and you can use it to install Ultimate. See how HERE.

Thank you.
I will give it a try.

Reaction score
I want to utilize this tool, but am a little confused. When burning using Imgburn, I get the message that the file is very large 3+Gb, yet my disc is only 700Mb. should I truncate or overburn?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Neither, you cannot use a Blank CD (700mb is a CD), you need a blank DVD (4.7GB).

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I think you still did something wrong; you should actually be able to fit it on under 2300 3.5" 1.44MB Floppy Disks. Better start over :p

Reaction score
Well in that case you should be able to get it on 5 or 6 CD's. Just need to figure out how to split the installer into multiple disk. Multiple diskettes and splitting installers, now that reminds me of the good ole days. :D

Reaction score
Hi I am really stuck . My toshiba laptop has gone down and i can't reboot. I have no installation cd so I have downloaded two ISO files X17-58997.iso and X17-24208.iso and tried to write these to usb using windows 7 usb/dvd download tool and with both files it responds with " the selected file is not a valid ISO file"

Thanks

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a general question to all of you. Before I ask, I'll provide some background of my knowledge of computers. I am by no means a genius, I am not looking to modify (nor do I even know how) any files in any of these OS. I downloaded the W7 Professional English 64-bit about a month ago for use on my new custom built desktop, and it worked flawlessly. However, I tried the same thing on my friend's computer (also custom built) who was still running windows XP, and the installation of the 64bit seemed to work, but within the same day I had many problems getting things such as java, flash, and other drivers onto his computer. Soon after, the computer had viruses out of the blue. No untrustworthy websites were visited, my only guess was that we had used Internet Explorer at a time where it wasn't secure. Regardless, since he only has 4gb of RAM in his computer at the moment, I decided to just try and do a fresh install of 32-bit on his system. I downloaded the W7 Pro Eng x84, and the download finished, but it doesn't seem to be working. I personally prefer doing installs through USB than disc so I don't have discs laying around everywhere, but TWO of my programs that put .iso's on USBs failed to put the file on (no specific error messages, just a generic 'image burning failed') (the 2 programs are ISO To USB and Rufus. I then tried to go old school and use a disc installation. I downloaded Power ISO per advice of many on the forums, and the disc created will not start the installation. When tried on my friends computer, it said some sort of file (something like ____32.dll) was missing. I have a W732bit pro installation disc that I KNOW works, but it came with my old dell laptop. I don't know if his computer has an actual brand, as he hired somebody to build it for him, and parts come from all over.
What are my best chances of getting this to work? Should I try the 64bit installation again, and before opening any internet connection keep installing windows updates until Windows Defender is on the machine? Am I doing something wrong with the 32bit file? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! -Ryan

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Alastair, Are you trying to get the 64-bit or 32-bit? Because X17-24208 is 32-bit but X17-58997 is 64-bit.

Once you get the correct bit size it is important to verify you got the entire ISO. The 64-bit file should be 3.24MB. The USB tool has to be installed and then when you run it, try running as an Administrator, see if that helps.

If you are sure you have the entire ISO and the tool doesn't work even as an administrator then you will have to create your own bootable USB stick and then simply expand the ISO on to it without the USB Tool. Go back to the post HERE for instructions on making a Bootable USB without the tool.

Ask a Question