SOLVED Official Windows 7 SP1 ISO Image Downloads

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
We have no control over Digital Rivers files. If the links don't work we have no way to fix them. It's my understanding Microsoft was never pleased these links got out and it has always been a possibility they would disappear. All you can do is keep trying.

Can 32-bit be replaced by 64-bit using the same key? Yes, but it takes a complete reinstall. And drivers and trial software that came with the computer would need to be downloaded from the manufacturer or replaced. Also, it may require a phone call to Microsoft to activate. And finally, you should read the OEM license agreement and make sure you would still be in compliance.

Reaction score
I tried downloading win7 home premium 32 bit.
downloaded in mozilla and in IDM too.
download stops on 30 - 50 mb.
plz help.. whats the problem.. ....

Reaction score
So why the [heck] is the 64 bit English download coming up as an invalid ISO file when using Windows 7 USB Download Tool. One of the other files worked but not the language I wanted. Is it impossible for microsoft not to [screw] something up? Must everything be a constant onslaught of incompetence with MS?

Last edited by a moderator:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I have edited your post. Keep them factual and without obscenities or they will be removed.

The most likely cause is an incomplete or corrupt download, not Microsoft at all. Try downloading it again using a download manager.

Reaction score
I have edited your post. Keep them factual and without obscenities or they will be removed.

The most likely cause is an incomplete or corrupt download, not Microsoft at all. Try downloading it again using a download manager.
You can't be seriously challenging the statement that MS is incompetent? When's the last time MS fixed a problem with windows before a user came out with one? Tried using xbox live lately? ETC. Even tried using any of their hardware lately? MS has no quality control, top to bottom. I actually downloaded it 3 times. 2 different browsers and DAP. In my experience the problem is 99% most likely always with MS because it's too big and thinks it's untouchable as a result. (might be unfortunately)

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Microsoft doesn't control the download servers for these ISOs, they are hosted by DigitalRivers and over the last couple of months they have disappeared completely a couple times and were not completing properly at least some of the remaining time. The files themselves have not changed in almost 2 years and, I'm sure, have been downloaded millions of times. So do I believe it's a download issue rather than a build problem? Most definitely. It could be Digital Rivers server problems again, so maybe try again in a few days.

As for Microsoft, I know they are not perfect; almost 20% of the times I play Internet Spades I see the error in their displayed score (internally it is kept correctly). Why they never fixed that I do not know. But in my experience answering problems here, 90% or more often they are NOT a Microsoft issue, it is hardware, or non-Microsoft drivers, or non-Microsoft browsers or browser add-ons, website issues, viruses, or user error. However I would probably agree with the second half of your last sentence and yes, that is unfortunate.

EDIT: But if the USB/DVD tool absolutely won't work, you might need to go back and look at this post HERE.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is probably a stupid question to most of you but i am completely computer illiterate....Where can I get either windows 7 or 8 in either a trial/ or other download? I have downloaded several times from the digital river sites but then all it shows is the disc burning program. Isnt there a way to just download the ISO program? I have xp and need to upgrade asap. i have a new laptop but i am also in charge of my husbands tower system which runs xp he isnt due home till May...so I need to at least keep things running till then. Also our home phone runs through that computer also...which ia another reason I need to find windows 7 or 8 by Tuesday. Unfortunatly I am broke as a joke so running out and buying it is not an option

Reaction score
I have xp and need to upgrade asap. i have a new laptop but i am also in charge of my husbands tower system which runs xp he isnt due home till May...so I need to at least keep things running till then.
There is little reason why you couldn't continue using XP. Don't let Microsoft dropping support for XP scare you into upgrading. Keep your anti-virus up to date and don't worry about upgrading operating systems until you can get a new machine. Upgrading operating systems on an older machine can be a headache finding drivers. However if you insist in moving forward, at least find out if your machine has new drivers available before trying to upgrade.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I agree with Clifford. I don't think you should confuse lack of future XP support updates with the product no longer working; it will continue to work as it always has.

But just FYI, once you download the ISO from here you use burn software (such as the Freeware product IMGBurn), do not use Media Player, to burn it to a blank DVD. That creates a bootable Windows 7 Installation DVD. But since it requires activation within 60 days, you still need a product key for each machine, and this won't save you any money, in fact paying through Windows online activation is more expensive then buying it in the store!

Reaction score
thanks for the answers to my questions. I have downloaded the newest microsoft security essentials which is getting updates sent after the 8th(tommorow!) as well as several other security measures wich we already have in place. I am still trying to find a trial version that goes 60 days or more but so far havent had much luck. Two more stupid ?s........Is it possible the system will make it till May 15t as long as I do regular scans,etc? Also can i get the trial discs at Best Buy or Staples? I called yesterday afternoon, and the person that answered the phone said yes...but then put me on hold so long I didnt get to ask details about it. Thanks for the help guys!!!!! :oops::rolleyes:

Reaction score
Windows XP will last until you find software that has not been configured to install on XP. As for security, MS is no longer supporting the OS and that only means you have a greater chance of infection. Keeping a good antivirus, will minimize the chances and allow you to use the OS for many more years. My advice would be to move forward when you are ready, not when MS wants (aka: resemblance of force) you to.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
The links in this thread ARE good for a 30 day W7 evaluation without activation. You simply download the ISO and burn the image to a blank DVD (with software that understands it is an image such as IMGBurn). Then boot the computer to the DVD and run the installation. The machine must be booted via the DVD.

Just make sure you get the entire file because there have been problems with the downloads not completing properly.

But again, I wouldn't install a temporary activation just to get away from WinXP.

Reaction score
Hello everybody,
I've come over all 22 pages and haven't find what I need.
I'm kinda screwed, I've bought 2 Windows 7 copies 64bit Home Premium with Slovak language but I haven't realized that one of the PC's is too old and I got an error during the installation saying that the PC doesn't support 64bit OS.

Where can I download legal original Windows 7 SP1 32-bit Home Premium Slovak iso?? :-/
I believe that the KEY will work on 32bit version too?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
We have no links for 32-bit Slovak but you may be able to create your own by downloading the 32-bit H.P. version in English and a 32-bit Slovic language pack from HERE and then using the instructions HERE to create a multi-language DVD.

Reaction score
So why the [heck] is the 64 bit English download coming up as an invalid ISO file when using Windows 7 USB Download Tool. One of the other files worked but not the language I wanted. Is it impossible for microsoft not to [screw] something up? Must everything be a constant onslaught of incompetence with MS?
Happened for me as well. Downloading ISO again to see what happens...

Reaction score
Okay downloaded ISO again and same result.. However, I was able to find an ISO of Win 7 Pro 64bit which I downloaded from this same thread from over a year ago.. Another interesting thing is that the file is called 'X17-24281.iso' while the one I had downloaded today is 'X17-24209.iso'...

Very intriguing that the older file is higher up in the sequential food chain...

Anyhow I was able to successfully create a bootable flash drive using that file in conjunction with Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool.

I hope this information can be of use!

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
X17-24209 is Home Premium x64, X17-24281 is Professional x64. And really the latest links are later in the thread SP1-U is HERE but still you need to get the right version.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Also, it sounds like people are having issue with the W7 USB Download Tool; so maybe the problem is not the downloaded W7 ISO at all. The issue may be a problem with the USB tool itself. Maybe try re-downloading that or use another method to create a bootable USB Flash drive (look at this post HERE). Then extract the image from the ISO and load it on the bootable flash drive.

Reaction score
Also, it sounds like people are having issue with the W7 USB Download Tool; so maybe the problem is not the downloaded W7 ISO at all. The issue may be a problem with the USB tool itself. Maybe try re-downloading that or use another method to create a bootable USB Flash drive. Then extract the image from the ISO and load it on the bootable flash drive.
Thanks for the reply and the more current links; I had no problem creating the a bootable drive with the 1st instance of the USB tool that I downloaded.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Glad you got the USB tool to work for you. Thanks for letting us know.

Ask a Question