SOLVED Windows 7 ISO – Official Direct Download Links

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Links are found here: http://www.technobuzz.net/windows-7-official-download-links/

32-bit Windows 7 Home Premium x86 ISO
http://msft-dnl.digitalrivercontent.net/msvista/pub/X15-65732/X15-65732.iso

64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium x64 ISO
http://msft-dnl.digitalrivercontent.net/msvista/pub/X15-65733/X15-65733.iso

32-bit Windows 7 Professional x86 ISO
http://msft-dnl.digitalrivercontent.net/msvista/pub/X15-65804/X15-65804.iso

64-bit Windows 7 Professional x64 ISO
http://msft-dnl.digitalrivercontent.net/msvista/pub/X15-65805/X15-65805.iso

NOTES:

1. The 64-bit ISO image download is 3.02 GB in size and the 32-bit is 2.34 GB, regardless of whether they're the Home Premium or the Professional Edition.
  2. It is recommended that the ISO image is burned to a good quality blank DVD, don't use cheap generic "store branded" discs. I recommend using ImgBurn to write the ISO to the blank DVD at no faster than an 8X burning speed and then use the "Verify" feature to ensure that the burn process went well.
  3. If you have a poor or slow internet connection, then the use of a download manager is recommended. If you're using the Firefox or Opera browsers, they have their own native download managers and no additional download manager software is needed.
  4. YOU MUST HAVE YOUR LEGAL Microsoft Windows 7 product key for the version you're installing. Remember, one product key equals one install on one machine only!
  5. These ISO images are the same as found on the DVDs supplied by Microsoft. These are direct from Microsoft so there is no need to worry about authenticity. They're here for replacement use only if a disc is lost, gets damaged, etc. NO ADDITIONAL SOFTWARE is on these ISO images, compared to computer maker "Restore" or "Recovery" disks which usually are loaded with bloatware and unnecessary software. YOU STILL NEED THE C.O.A (Certificate Of Authenticity) along with your product key.

Last edited:

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Nibiru, I have a laptop that I want to do a clean install (hopefully Pro). I downloaded both x86 ISO's that you have listed. My question is do I need a retail, upgrade or OEM key for the install? And will these versions give me the same OS that comes in a box? I just want to make sure of things before I purchase a key. I have a laptop that will run it, just the Aero features won't work. And is it really necessary to back this computer up? I have nothing of value on it. I want a clean install, and I'll redownload my programs, as I have a free public connection (the library's hot spot).

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
Nibiru, I have a laptop that I want to do a clean install (hopefully Pro). I downloaded both x86 ISO's that you have listed. My question is do I need a retail, upgrade or OEM key for the install? And will these versions give me the same OS that comes in a box? I just want to make sure of things before I purchase a key. I have a laptop that will run it, just the Aero features won't work. And is it really necessary to back this computer up? I have nothing of value on it. I want a clean install, and I'll redownload my programs, as I have a free public connection (the library's hot spot).

You can use whichever key you choose. They'll all work. Just remember with OEM keys there is no MS support since you are the "system builder." Yes these are the ISO images of what's being shipped on the retail, upgrade and OEM boxes.

If you don't want anything off of the old computer, then no you don't have to backup. If you need to save documents, photos, etc. then save them to an external drive or a DVD rewritable disc.

P.S.
Did you find a way to burn those ISO images you downloaded? Also, you CAN burn them to a DVD-RW disc until you decide which version you want to permanently keep. That's what I did all through the different versions of Windows 7 dating back to Jan of '09. It was either that or buy a 25 packs of DVDs! LOL Let us know how things have worked out.
I hope this helps.

Last edited:

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Thanks, Nibiru2012. What I did was downloaded the two files (Home Premium & Pro x86) on my Windows 7 computer. There is a default program to burn these type of files called Power2Go on here. And I also downloaded the Home Premium x64 if case I need it to repair a file. I've already burned all three of them, and the program verified it afterwards. Now I'm going to search for a key, but I must be careful here. I don't want an OEM key, there are hassles validating. I want a full retail key that can me moved from one system to another, if needed. I've done XP Pro installs with these OEM versions, and they often have trouble with validation. That's why I want the full retail version key. Thanks for the advice.

Nibiru2012

Reaction score

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I've been looking on eBay, but I need the 32 bit key. I'll have one very soon. Thanks.

Reaction score
Thanks, Nibiru2012. What I did was downloaded the two files (Home Premium & Pro x86) on my Windows 7 computer. There is a default program to burn these type of files called Power2Go on here. And I also downloaded the Home Premium x64 if case I need it to repair a file. I've already burned all three of them, and the program verified it afterwards. Now I'm going to search for a key, but I must be careful here. I don't want an OEM key, there are hassles validating. I want a full retail key that can me moved from one system to another, if needed. I've done XP Pro installs with these OEM versions, and they often have trouble with validation. That's why I want the full retail version key. Thanks for the advice.

what hasselses are you hearing abotu OEM keys ?? I have OEM at my disposial and I havent had one complant since relaese of W7 and these are professional gamers that are using my product...........

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
OEM and Retail are two different versions, at least as far a activation goes. In order to use OEM, I'm supposed to be a system builder. I'm afraid of doing anything illegal. Were I to get caught and convicted in court, the computer would be the least of my problems. I could lose my disability check, if convicted of a felony. I've seen these OEM versions installed before (in XP Pro). The validation tool automatically installs upon updating, but you can block the checker and ask not to show the update again. All that you receive are critical updates. I don't want to run a system that way, and I most certainly don't want to go to prison and lose my social security check. I'm permanently disabled and don't need or want any trouble. OEM keys are for large corporations that build computers (Dell, HP) and system builders. I know there's a deal where they send you a program or key with a broken power cord or memory chip. That's not for me.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Nibiru2012, I found a key for $20 on eBay. There will be a couple of issues to take care of. There are no Windows 7 drivers for my sound and wi-fi, but there's a couple of Vista drivers that is reported by several people that works. I'm going to do a clean install, that's the only way to go. Thanks for your advice and hopefully everything works out. If not, all I have in it is $20, but I feel that it will work. There's a lot of knowledgeable people here, should I run into a problem.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Nibiru2012, I did it! I now have Windows 7 Pro installed on my laptop. I bought that key on eBay, and it works fine. It validated perfectly. Thanks for your help!

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
Nibiru2012, I did it! I now have Windows 7 Pro installed on my laptop. I bought that key on eBay, and it works fine. It validated perfectly. Thanks for your help!
That's great to hear! I'm sure that Windows Update will update the drivers for you. If not, you can always use Driver Genius Pro.

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
I've been looking on eBay, but I need the 32 bit key. I'll have one very soon. Thanks.
Just a reminder... ALL Windows 7 product keys are good for either the x86 (32bit) version or the x64 version. It's just that it's one key - one install. You can't install both x86 and x64 with the same key!

All the retail and upgrade boxed versions are coming with both discs. Only the OEM is sold as one disc only, x86 or x64.

Hope this helps.

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
ImgBurn is an excellent program to burn these ISO image files.

It's free and also will verify the burn.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
ImgBurn is an excellent program to burn these ISO image files.

It's free and also will verify the burn.
I use it myself, ImgBurn will burn about any file you want. Right now, I have four installs of it. A 5 Star program!

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
Updated search methods for the iso files.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I don't think it is working as easily as mentioned. The link posted is broken. I did the search and only listed cracks and torrents, No mention of Digital Rivers.
Use the Bing search engine and enter "X15-65805.iso", w/o the quotes, it will be the third link down. The top line will say "msft-dnl.digitalrivercontentnet". For any of the other ISO links, do the same. I just yesterday did one. I saw the ones from Pirate Bay and another place,too, but I don't visit those sites, my ISP may not like that.

Last edited:

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I just yesterday downloaded another copy of each, you'll never know when you'll need them. Wished they had done prior Windows OS's this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question