Windows 7 problem - Aero not working - Bored Basic style - PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi there

So I have Windows 7 in my computer, and I can't just use the Aero features (including the theme), because it says that my video card driver is not WDDM compatible.

My Video card driver is: Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family
Graphics memory: 128MB

Should I install one another driver? If so, which one? If I try to update, it says that I'm using the latest version of the driver and it's up to date. But it says that I can't use Aero because of my WDDM incompatibility. What should I do? I am REALLY tired and bored with the basic theme (light blue).

Guys, I think that there must be a solution because the Windows doesn't say I can't use Aero. It says the following:

"The current video card may support Aero with a driver that is compliant with the Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM). Contact the manufacturer of your computer or video card for a WDDM-compatible driver"

Please help
Cheers

Last edited:
Reaction score
Windows 7 is correct. Your Intel 915GM video adapter does not support the features that Aero requires. You are, unfortunately, stuck with the basic theme.

Reaction score
Windows 7 is correct. Your Intel 915GM video adapter does not support the features that Aero requires. You are, unfortunately, stuck with the basic theme.
So, what can I do? Which driver should I download and install? Please help...
Cheers

Reaction score
First thing you need to do is buy a new videocard thats supports Aero

Then you download the drivers that you need for that new videocard.

No other options i guess.

Reaction score
Is your computer a desktop or laptop.
Because my laptop is running XP, and it has this exact chipset family.
Mine is the dell inspiron 1300, and to be perfectly honest it can barely run MS flight simulator 2002, and will have no chance with aero.

Reaction score
First thing you need to do is buy a new video card that supports Aero

Then you download the drivers that you need for that new video card.

No other options i guess.
There's gotta be something I could do.....according to one guy, the video card doesn't have to be removed. Only the driver. So please, try to help me, searching or something else.....

Best Regards

Reaction score
Is your computer a desktop or laptop.
Because my laptop is running XP, and it has this exact chipset family.
Mine is the dell inspiron 1300, and to be perfectly honest it can barely run MS flight simulator 2002, and will have no chance with aero.
I have a HP Pavilion dv4085EA laptop, which came with XP when I bought it in 2005. One guy expert said to me that only what I had to do is change the driver, not the video card itself. Please try to help me....

Best Regards

Reaction score
I would suggest you to go visit this 'guy expert' once more :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have a HP Pavilion dv4085EA laptop, which came with XP when I bought it in 2005. One guy expert said to me that only what I had to do is change the driver, not the video card itself. Please try to help me....

Best Regards
Again, the video card is physically incapable of running Aero. No driver, software, or patch will ever enable Aero. You must purchase a new laptop if you want Aero.

Reaction score
If you had a desktop you could purchase a new card. This is what I needed to do to stop a few glitches I had. With a laptop you are left with no options as thrax has pointed out.

Reaction score
If you had a desktop you could purchase a new card. This is what I needed to do to stop a few glitches I had. With a laptop you are left with no options as thrax has pointed out.
Ok, so even if I download a Intel video card driver designed for Vista with WDDM it won't work?

Best Regards

Reaction score
I'm sorry miley_cyrus_lover.
Its not a driver problem. Its the chipset that you have and many more like yourself.

Even I have a chipset(Radeon Express 200) that is too old. I did not have any trouble with my video inside Windows Vista. When I started using Windows 7. My screen started freezing while watching video. I even lost Windows Aero a few times. I finally decided to upgrade my video from the onboard graphic to an "Radeon 4350 HD PCIe Card". This fixed my problem.

However laptops do not have the luxury of upgrading the video.
Once again the only way to fix this is with a Upgradable Desktop or New Laptop.

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
As everyone has been trying to say, it's the chipset itself, sorry Miley. You can install any driver you like but it isn't going to enable Aero Glass.

Reaction score
As everyone has been trying to say, it's the chipset itself, sorry Miley. You can install any driver you like but it isn't going to enable Aero Glass.
Ok. Thanks to everyone for advising me. I guess I'll just have to buy a new laptop. But I searched in the Internet, and they say there's a registry tweak to enable Aero even if the video card doesn't support it. They say it's to Windows Vista, but might also work in Windows 7... I tried that, with no results...Should I install Windows Vista then? Please advise.... Here's a little of what I saw:

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2006/...supported-and-wddm-incomptible-graphics-card/

Take a look at the site and then tell me something.

Best Regards!

Reaction score
Even if it would work i would not suggest running airo on the videocard you have.

Its going to be very slow and possibly very unstable.

There's a reason why your card isnt WDDM capable.

I think youll have to learn to live with the oldfashioned windows :)

Reaction score
Clifford_cooley is right. If you had a desktop you would be able to change the graphics card however for laptops it is very rare to change the graphics card in a laptop.
There is some products out in the market that work as an external graphics card. These can be quite pricey however.
I will try and find the external graphics card on the web now.

Reaction score
Clifford_cooley is right. If you had a desktop you would be able to change the graphics card however for laptops it is very rare to change the graphics card in a laptop.
There is some products out in the market that work as an external graphics card. These can be quite pricey however.
I will try and find the external graphics card on the web now.
Ok guys, thanks for all your help. Never mind. Guess I'll just have to buy a new laptop. By the way: What do you guys think of Windows Vista? Like I said, I jumped from XP to 7 without trying Vista. I have 1GB of RAM and plenty of space in my hard drive. Does it worth a try? How bad is it?

Best Regards

Reaction score
Vista RIP please

Vista, for the most part is disliked. I used it for about 5 months and dumped it. I never have meet another IT professional that thought Vista was anything great, Including my friend who works for MS on the Windows team.

But my MS friend does like and uses Windows 7 and tells his friends to wait for Windows 7 and not purchase Vista.

Hope this helps,
Jason

Reaction score
Vista, for the most part is disliked. I used it for about 5 months and dumped it. I never have meet another IT professional that thought Vista was anything great, Including my friend who works for MS on the Windows team.

But my MS friend does like and uses Windows 7 and tells his friends to wait for Windows 7 and not purchase Vista.

Hope this helps,
Jason
Yeah, there's a lot of people saying that Vista sucks. It's sluggish, slow and it eats a lot of memory. I'll just forget about Vista! I am doing great with Windows 7, apart from not being able to use Aero.

Thanks a lot &
Best Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question