SOLVED Windows 7 Home Roll-Back From WIN 10 ...Problems

Reaction score
This desktop PC is my older one that came with Windows 7 Home. It is a HP Pavilion p6750f.

In August 2015 I upgraded it to WIN 10, and there wasn't any problem(s) in the transfer. This PC never really excepted Win 10 which I had hoped would work. There was always problems, quirks, etc. So, I decided not to revert back to Win 7 on the hard drive, instead buy a new hard drive and install Win 7 on it, therefore, keeping the old hard drive with Win 10. There wasn't any problem(s) installing Win 7 on the new drive, However, another problem(s) occurred afterwards... like I cannot download or install Internet Explorer 11, or any Knowledge Base Windows 7 x64 based systems. In fact, I cannot download anything from Microsoft...that is where I have stopped.
I do have Windows 7 SP1 showing and about twenty three other updates that have downloaded and installed since the the new hard drive installed. But, that has stalled on any recent updates.

Here's what happens when I click on a Microsoft KB number or try to download Internet Explorer 11. For a "blink of the eye, there is a flash "green" and no "run or save" to click on. But, whatever I try to download and install, the item on the screen ..says "Thank you for downloading."

So, has anyone have a solution or a solve matter that will cure the problem(s).

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Reaction score
sI located a link...www.wsusoffline.net that helped me greatly. It showed I had 586 updates for the Windows 7 Home..x64 based OS. It was sorta blind mans way to see how the "offline" worked. It did "something" that may have downloaded and installed 216 updates. However there's no record of any updates in the recent installed files that there was any such installation of updates. When I did the roll-back to Win 7 from Win 10, the computer did download and install about 26 updates, and that is it for listed installed updates.

Ask a Question