Windows 7 problem - Aero not working - Bored Basic style - PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Honestly I tried Vista on a friends computer, and was dissapointed with it. I didn't even bother putting it on any computer.
It is a painful operating system for any PC.

Reaction score
Personally I would stick to XP for anything that is too old to run Windows 7. For one thing Companies will only go so far back with their older driver support in Windows 7 anyway. And if installing with Windows Compatibility doesnt work you would be at a loss.

I have in the past installed Vista. I however did not run it long before I decided to try Windows 7. My experience with Vista was not a bad one. I however did notice a performance loss when I installed Vista SP1. Now that SP2 for Vista is out, I doubt I will ever find out for myself if this SP2 even helps at all.

Reaction score
First i was really sceptical about win7.

Until i tried it tho, all i found were some personal dislikings that i would like to disable (one isnt possible) but for the rest its awesome!

Win 7 is the best (pre) release windows ever made!

Im loving it so far!

So stick with windows 7 :D

Go windows! keep up the good work!

(if windows would make it possible to remove the show desktop button i would not have a single point to complain about!)

Reaction score
First i was really sceptical about win7.

Until i tried it tho, all i found were some personal dislikings that i would like to disable (one isnt possible) but for the rest its awesome!

Win 7 is the best (pre) release windows ever made!

Im loving it so far!

So stick with windows 7 :D

Go windows! keep up the good work!

(if windows would make it possible to remove the show desktop button i would not have a single point to complain about!)
Yes! I prefer Windows 7 too. I have the RTM version, with no limits of expiration in 2010 neither the watermark in the taskbar. As for the Show Desktop button, you can simply search on Google in how to disable it..... I am sure you'll make it!

Best Regards &
Thanks for everybody for helping me!

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for advising me. I guess I'll just have to buy a new laptop.
If you buy a new laptop - send the old laptop to me. I don't care of small disadvantage and promise to give it a good retirement.

If "AERO Glass" is not possible I would customize the "Windows 7 basic" theme and make color of taskbar and start menu to deep blue - instead of the ugly light blue taskbar with the dirty-blue edges left and right.

Reaction score
If you buy a new laptop - send the old laptop to me. I don't care of small disadvantage and promise to give it a good retirement.

If "AERO Glass" is not possible I would customize the "Windows 7 basic" theme and make color of taskbar and start menu to deep blue - instead of the ugly light blue taskbar with the dirty-blue edges left and right.
Yeah, the taskbar color in the Basic pretty sucks..... How can I change its color? I hate the almost-grey light blue.

Best Regards
Cheers

Attachments

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question