Windows 7 blank screen during install

Reaction score
hello ,
i'm having problem when i make install windows 7.when the setup is over and the pc restart for the ffor starting first time windows7 , then my screen turn to black and only the logo is appearing down in the corner of the screen..and i was thinking , maybe it want a lot of time to start so i let it for many many hours but it continues to look like that with the black screen and the logo..
So i try to install in another pc and everything gone just perfect!!
WHAT IS THE PROBLEM FOR MY PC??????WHAT CA I DO?? :confused::confused::dontknow:dontknow:

I tried a lot of times to install it !!for almost a month every day!!!what is rong with my pc???is it real??only mine???

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Have you tried installing it again and see if it works, or has this happened a second time?

Reaction score
Hi, did you solved the problem, i have the exact same problem and can't find any info about it. You are you first person with the same problem i have.
Maybe any one else who reconize this problem? Need help.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi, I too have the same problem. Any suggestions. Trying to install with Windows 7 Home Premium.

Reaction score
Hi, i solved the problem by disconecting all harddrives only the one you want to instal windows 7. Disconect also all usb plugs and all cards that are not needed.
Yopu can install it later.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
i solved the problem by disconecting all harddrives only the one you want to instal windows 7.
I discovered this too! Extra hard drives confuses Windows 7 during the install process. Re-format the single hard drive and do a clean install then you should be good to go.

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem, first I tried a clean installation deleting the old C partition with W vista business, then I installed Windows 7, everything was good until the main restart when it's going to start the computer for the first use I got the black FOREVER screen. I tried to reinstall the clean installation almost 5 times and got always the same. Then I reinstall Business and everything was good but when I install the drivers for my ATI Radeon HD 3870 and my PC restarts I got the same black FOREVER screen, Now I cannot even use windows Business! I made a clean install of W7 in my laptop weeks ago, that is using an NVIDIA card, and I didn't have any problems, that's why I think this problem has something to do with the Video Card

Reaction score
By the way when I checked the file "setpact" using the w7 intallation cd, I got this lines at the end:
2009-10-30 22:38:40, Info CBS Trusted Installer signaled for shutdown, going to exit.
2009-10-30 22:38:40, Info CBS Ending the TrustedInstaller main loop.
2009-10-30 22:38:40, Info CBS Starting TrustedInstaller finalization.
2009-10-30 22:38:40, Info CBS Failed to unload the COMPONENTS hive. [HRESULT = 0x80070057 - E_INVALIDARG]
2009-10-30 22:38:40, Info CBS Ending TrustedInstaller finalization.

Reaction score
I use a ATI Radeon HD 4870 and had no problems after disconecting all hard drives and pull out the TV card (more cards aren't there).

Reaction score
I use a ATI Radeon HD 4870 and had no problems after disconecting all hard drives and pull out the TV card (more cards aren't there).
Actually my problem is that I only have my Video Card connected, one HD and one DVD-R, I'm still trying to install W7, anyway I'll keep you all inform if I discover something =)

Reaction score
Then look for an update for you motherboard. maybe this will help.

Reaction score
Then look for an update for you motherboard. maybe this will help.
Thank you but actually i resolved the problem, fortunately I have 2 graphics cards, I was using the ATI HD 3870 and I always got the FOREVER LOOP, then I change my video card for a NVIDIA 8800 GT, I don't why but my computer get out of the loop (I turned off my PC obviously and then restart) and now I'm using Windows 7, I also tried to reinstall my ATI card after getting w7 working but guess what?? I got again in the FOREVER LOOP =S. This was my problem but now I would like to know why my ATI video card isn't working on W7.

I hope this information helps someone.

Reaction score
I had this problem - screen blank on last stage of installation.I have an nvidia 9500 based graphics card - turns out the card itself needed a BIOS update to work with the current drivers .Once that had been done the issue was resolved.
One of the many steps along the way was to install an old (1987 Matrox!) video card into the machine so I could complete the installation and update the nvidia card.
Hope this helps someone as it seems to be a fairly common issue.

Last edited:

Ask a Question