Windows 7 will not boot (Blank Screen)

Reaction score
Hello. My Windows 7 will not boot to my desktop for me like it should or even the login screen. I turn on my laptop, It loads up normally, then I get the blank light blue screen with my mouse cursor and that's it. Nothing else happens and I am not able to see the login screen. I have a Acer Aspire 7739Z-4605. I just backed up my original hard drive to an external hard drive so I saved my information. Once doing that, I did a 'restore C Drive to it's factory settings' operation on my laptop with the Acer Erecovery Management tool and that seemed to erase everything. I booted up my laptop again and ran the Windows 7 install manually on my system and it seemed to work, but even after the install said it was finished I still could not login at all and received the blank screen with my mouse cursor. I have tried a lot of suggestions and nothing has worked thus far. I didn't have the best help with the Acer customer support as they basically hinted for me to just send my laptop in so they could work on it and ultimately make money. So I thought I would try here. I do currently have a purchased CD of 'Paragon Hard Disk Manager 2011' and I was wondering if any of these options on this CD would fix or solve my issue. Listed below are the categories on the disk:

Partitioning- Create Partition, format partition, delete partition, resize partitions, merge partitions.

Backup & Recovery- Smart backup, restore, transfer files, burn recovery media

Copying & Migration- Copy Partition, hard disk migration, P2P adjust OS

Securing & Optimization- Defragment Partition, Wipe (free space, partitions or entire disks)

Boot management- Boot manager, Install New OS

Tools- Add drives, configure network, boot corrector

I apologize for the length of this post. I just wanted to make sure I got as much info & details included as possible.

Thank you & much appreciated

Reaction score
Yes I am but I still receive the same issue. Nothing changes. Blank screen with mouse cursor.

Reaction score
I have tried that, and after the process finished it encountered some errors. I took snapshots with my Iphone to the best of my ability since I could not use the Print Screen option on my laptop. I really apologize for the large image sizes. Here are the issues I received in the following order:

Reaction score
I tried this as directed. But I still get the blank screen upon restart. When I entered it correctly in the command prompt, it seemed that it did something but nothing has changed still.

Shintaro

Reaction score
Well there are only a few other things that I can think of:

F8 -> Enable VGA Mode.

And / Or at a command prompt sfc /scannow

I'm sorry, but unless someone else has any ideas, it is most likely a re-install. The good thing is that you have backed up your data.

Reaction score
Well there are only a few other things that I can think of:

F8 -> Enable VGA Mode.

And / Or at a command prompt sfc /scannow

I'm sorry, but unless someone else has any ideas, it is most likely a re-install. The good thing is that you have backed up your data.
Yes I understand. I did just try everything you suggested but still no luck. So with that being said, do you think there is any option in the 'Paragon Hard Disk Manager 2011' program that I listed in my original post that may help or be the right choice for me to do the re-install?

Shintaro

Reaction score
Sorry I don't know anything about Paragon.
Maybe see if there is a forum for Paragon?

The only thing that I can suggest is to re-install. Sorry.

Ask a Question