Blank screen after Windows 7 install

Reaction score
Hi I have a problem with a new install of windows 7.

I bought a version of W7 Home Premium. I was running XP before, put in windows 7, backed up my files on external USB, formatted my drive and proceeded with a fresh install. After installation and first startup, I see the windows 7 load screen, then all I see is a blank screen.

I've tried to run a repair but it can't fix it. I've tried running in Safe Mode but it won't because it says it hasn't completed installation yet. I've unplugged all USB devices except for my KB and mouse. Still just a blank screen. Can anyone help?

Reaction score
Also i thought i should mention:

I am only running 1 monitor, a 22' Samsung LCD. I've seen on other forums i should try a VGA monitor, anyone tried this?

It's also a 64 bit version of Win 7.

Reaction score
Hi rwlomas - Welcome to w7forums

If you have two graphics ports and a extra monitor. You might try connecting both ports temporarily to see if you have a signal on the other port during the blackout time frame. This shouldn't be the problem but I definantly wouldn't rule it out until you try it.

Ask a Question