SOLVED Internet Explorer drops out for a few seconds ever few minutes

Reaction score
Anna, you can download and install from the following link:

http://support.dell.com/support/dow...mID=INSPIRON1564&os=W764&osl=en&catid=&impid=

You want to install, from network section:

1) Wireless WLAN 1397 Half MiniCard

2) RTL8111DL Ethernet Controller

From Video section, install:

1) Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD

----------

Install this Realtek HD Audio driver to update your audio from 9/26/09 to current:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

Reaction score
Thank you all, my computer is nw working perfectly and I've learned a lot.

Reaction score
Did not want to start a new thread as I am having IE problems as well...with 2 tabs/windows open, sometimes more, when I close one I get a IE has stopped responding and windows is checking for the problem, then the window closes and no more info. I have also started getting out of memory line error, while at nfl's web site...this just started about a week ago
have had problems having issues with addobe flash player and have uninstalled and reinstalled it about 10 times now or more. I am using McAfee Security as provided for free by my dsl provider....I have a gateway DX4300 system...the issues seem to have showed up not long after I bought the computer back in 1/23/10
Thanks for any info

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Can you duplicate the problem with another browser such as Firefox?

You should also try clearing your cache and your cookies because when these get too large they are known to cause errors. Consider using freeware CCleaner once a week or at least once a month to keep this problem to a minimum.

Is it is always the nfi website - there is likely a coding problem in there webpages - try viewing it in IE compatibility mode.

In IE you might also go to tools ... internet options ... advanced tab
check Automatically recover from page layout errors with compatibility view
check Disable script debugging (IE)
uncheck Display a notification about every script error
check Enable automatic crash recovery

Reaction score
Can you duplicate the problem with another browser such as Firefox?

You should also try clearing your cache and your cookies because when these get too large they are known to cause errors. Consider using freeware CCleaner once a week or at least once a month to keep this problem to a minimum.

Is it is always the nfi website - there is likely a coding problem in there webpages - try viewing it in IE compatibility mode.

In IE you might also go to tools ... internet options ... advanced tab
check Automatically recover from page layout errors with compatibility view
check Disable script debugging (IE)
uncheck Display a notification about every script error
check Enable automatic crash recovery
Sorry it took so long to reply...I only use the IE8 32bit as the 64 bit seems limited still. have been running it in compat mode..I also keep the cache files as well as cookies and history cleaned out. I only had the google addon but disabled it thinking it could be the cuase.
So far it seems to only get the out of memory error at the NFL's website...will give the clearner a look...I run the clean up that comes with the ATT McAfee antivirus,
Thanks for the info.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Since it seems to only occur at the NFL site it is almost definitely an incompatibility in the way they coded the website. Please make sure you set the ie options as I specified, especially "check Automatically recover from page layout errors with compatibility view" and "check Disable script debugging (IE)"

Also in IE go to Tools ... compatibility view settings ... type in NFL.com and click the ADD button.

Reboot and test.

If the IE changes don't resolve the issue I would suggest another browser even if you only use it to access NFL.com. IE 64bit might fix that issue but introduce others since there is not flash available for it and your anti-virus likely doesn't offer any protection in 64-bit. You might download Mozilla Firefox 3.6.9, Google Chrome is another browser, though I personally have never tried that one, or Opera 10.62.

Reaction score
Did the ccleaner seems to have speeded up the browser, will do the other adjustments as well thank you for the help

Ask a Question