Internet Explorer 11 has stopped working

Reaction score
When I open IE11, I get the message: "Internet Explorer has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution to problem." I then get another message: "Internet Explorer has stopped working. A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." Of course, I'm still waiting to be notified. Here's what I've tried to fix it, all with no success:
1. Disable IE Add-ons.
2. Reset IE.
3. Start IE in Safe Mode.
4. Disable Protected Mode.
5. Switch browser - I tried Firefox and this works.
6. System Restore.
7. Reboot, of course.
This good old reliable browser has gone south on me. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Reaction score
I found that each time there's serious issues with Internet Explorer, the solution is to re-install Windows. Reason is because it's integrated with Windows, and MS thought it was enough to install it with the initial installation, but don't bother for too many repair, upgrade or, ultimately un-installation. Ironically, having the uninstall option, would result in more people using it. Isn't that funny? But, a solution to this; I use Firefox and Chrome, and I still look for the first site that is not compatible with both. Why bother to work with software that is cripple ?

Ask a Question