Internet Explorer 11 "Enterprise Mode" do not work or do not work correctly!

Reaction score
Dear community,

Since yesterday we test the Feature "Enterprise Mode" for "Internet Explorer 11". However, we have many problems
with this Feature. We have configured it as described by officially instruction by MS, but it does not work
properly. Here is what we have done exactly to test this Feature:
  1. In Registry Key " HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \ Policies \ Microsoft \ Internet Explorer \ Main \ Enterprise Mode " we have created the Entry " Site List " and create the string " Enable" . In the String "Enable" we have added no value .
    In Case of String "Site List" , we have specified the path to the XML file , as value of this String.
  2. The XML file was created with the Site List Manager from Microsoft
And now, we regocnized following Problems:
  • The "Enterprise Mode" ist only "active", if the User(!) check "Enterprise Mode" under "Tools"...!
  • The site list is seemingly ignored, although in the Registry "currentversion" is pulled correctly, everytime we change
    the XML File. So we think "SiteList" is configured well.
  • On one of our test computer freezes Internet Explorer 11 , if you try to hook the corporate mode
In Summary, it seems to be configured properly but it even do not work or not work correctly.
Our goal would be:
  1. Enterprise Mode + access to the Site List by IE11 should be "on" by Default!
  2. Entrys of sitelist.XML should be filtered and shown in "Enterprise Mode" or/and the right "DocMode", as configured.
  3. The user should have no chance to check on or off the"enterprise mode"
We use "Windows 7" on all our Clients, as test Clients are also running the same operating System...
Please reply
Thank you very much
Greetings!
Ps: Please do not be angry if pronunciation or grammar do not fit well. English is not my nature language (my nature language is german)

Info: Same thread also created https://social.technet.microsoft.co...or-do-not-work-correctly?forum=w7itprogeneral

Reaction score
We have also realized the exact same issue. We have enabled Enterprise Mode in GPO, and configured a simplified site list XML trying to add several sites launching in all of the possible modes (IE8 Ent Mode, IE7 Ent Mode, and IE11-IE5 Document Mode), but IE11 is not changing the mode used when we check the F12 Developer settings. We have tried this using ports 80 and 8080, as well as using a local network share name, but have gotten the same results. We are able to enable Enterprise Mode as a client option for the user, but what we would like to do is set the mode level for the sites as configured. Have you had any luck?

Reaction score
Dealing with this issue as well. I did find a link that referenced how Enterprise Mode doesn't work correctly in certain version of IE 11. I will pull the link back up, it wasn't a Microsoft official. I got it to work for a little bit, then it disappeared. I too can change it on the client side, it is now no longer showing up in the tools menu to turn on for me.

Ask a Question