SOLVED Official Windows 7 SP1 ISO Image Downloads

Reaction score
I got to the website downloaded what i needed and extracted it and copied the 64bit file directly to my USB without creating a file called Drivers and i got this error, No new devices could be found. Make sure the driver files are correct and located on the driver installation media..

Reaction score
After another clean install both system info and msinfo32 report that SP1 is installed, but WU still offers KB976932.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Heaven, I didn't say a file, I suggested a folder called Drivers. One driver can be comprised of several files/folders and so it is best to keep it out of the root directory of the flash drive. If the driver didn't locate the device then either you don't need the driver you downloaded or you need another different driver first before that one can be seen and requested.

fade2gray, I cannot explain why you would see the option to install SP1 if you already have it installed but you can simply right-click on it and choose "Hide Update" and it will go away.

Reaction score
Do you mean instead of just putting the file that I extracted from the SATA driver, I need to make a new folder call it Drivers and put that file in that folder? And it will work?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Yes I was simply suggesting you put the driver files in a subfolder; that folder could be any name, I merely suggested "Drivers" because it is descriptive. It would have absolutely no effect on whether it works or not, it was simply to keep things organized.

But if it is simply a single file then organization isn't that important and since you already tried to use it without success, no it wouldn't make it work. Are you sure there is just a single file? And is it an exe?

I also want to confirm you get the driver missing error during the actual W7 Install? Or has the installation completed already and you just see missing drivers in device manager?

Usually to install a driver takes more than a single file. Often it can be transmitted as a single file in a zip or a zip-exe but there are usually multiple files. You mentioned you extracted the 64bit file, but were there other files? Besides the driver there is usually a .INF file and maybe others. To use it during installation, you create a folder, like I mentioned, and you expand all the files into it. Then when the installer requests a driver you point it to that folder and it locates the .INF file and uses it to pick and install the correct driver. This isn't necessary if W7 is already installed, you merely run the exe as shipped.

So either you do not have the correct driver or you did not provide all the files it needs to locate and install them.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I downloaded SATA Driver which was 6mb and as an .exe when i extracted that there was files but one of them was drivers that had 32 and 64 bit so i copied the 64 to my usb

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Create a folder and extract ALL the files from the EXE and put the files in that folder, then on install point to the Folder and allow it to try and find the driver it needs.

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Could you point me to the driver exe file you downloaded so I can download it myself?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
OK, that exe contains a lot of stuff including an x64 folder as well as a drivers\x64. You probably just need the 6 files from the drivers\x64 folder (iaAHCI.cat, iaAHCI.inf, iaStor.cat, iaStor.inf, iaStor.sys, & TXTSETUP.OEM). Try putting those 6 files in a folder (that you create, such as Driver or SATA) on your W7 Installation USB and when it calls for the missing driver point to that folder.

Reaction score
Can somebody tell me which one I should download if on the sticker of my notebook is written "X16-96072"(Home Prem OA)? (and I need it in Italian)

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Yuk, is your machine 32 or 64-bit? The only links we have for W7-SP1(U) Italian are the Professional version so you will need to download either:
http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/win/X17-59212.iso Windows 7 Professional x86 Italian
http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/win/X17-59215.iso Windows 7 Professional x64 Italian
x86 is 32bit and x64 is 64bit. Once downloaded edit the ISO and delete the ei.cfg file from the root directory of the ISO. Once that file is deleted the ISO becomes an "any version" and then on install you can select Home Premium. If that is not clear enough see the thread HERE.

HeavenSoul, Maybe the AHCI SATA driver isn't the one you need, it looks like you pointed to iaAHCI.inf; instead try the iaStor.inf file and see if that's what is needed. And if that isn't it maybe download the Chipset driver and add those expanded files to the Installation Flash Drive "Drivers" folder. I have no way of knowing what driver your system is looking for, one of the SATA drivers is just the most common.

Reaction score
Could it be due to me not updating my windows? I am not sure what's wrong i don't think i pointed to 1 specific file but to a folder all of it including both of what u included

I think im going to try with anotther program to make the bootable USB such as Yumi if not i'll download another iso image.

Could it be becasue there is some bytes that weren't complete?

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If the installer starts and says you need a driver then the issue has nothing to do with the actual W7 ISO you created and recreating it another way will not help. You are missing drivers and those drivers need to come from the product manufacturer; no matter how many times you recreate the ISO they won't suddenly appear.

There was an entire list of drivers on the website, you could download every single one of them and expand them into a "Driver" folder on the flash drive. Hopefully one of them is what the installer needs.

Some computers come with an actual drivers disk; if you have one of those then pop that in the machine and point the installer there. Even older drivers might get things going enough to allow install; then after install Windows Update will update older drivers.

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
What is the message you get from the installer? What does it say is missing?

You don't have a Solid State Drive (SSD) do you?

It is hard to know what you need. Like I said before the SATA driver is the most likely, which would be the iaStore (the iaAHCI likely has to do with sleep/hibernate) but you said it doesn't show up. BIOS is not a driver so skip that. Video, Audio, Bluetooth, Hotkey, Media Slot, Pointing, and Camera can probably be skipped. The LAN and WLAN drivers can be skipped for now but if you cannot connect to the internet after installation then you will need those. So Chipset, SATA, and anything Fujitsu are your best chance.

Also if you have your BIOS set up to treat your hard drive as a RAID volume then you would need RAID drivers. If you only have one hard drive you shouldn't be using RAID anyway so just make sure that is not enabled if your BIOS has a setting(s) for RAID.

I'm afraid it is very difficult to know since I'm not familiar with your laptop; have you tried Fujitsu customer support or maybe they have their own forums which would be actual owners of their equipment?

Ask a Question