SOLVED Official Windows 7 SP1 ISO Image Downloads

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
That is the message AFTER you point to the driver, I meant what does the installer say is missing in the first place?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I don't know if there are other messages but I figured that was what you saw because it is the only one I have ever seen. Basically it is some device it cannot understand and again my best guess is the hard drive (SATA).

What happens if you delete iaAHCI.cat, iaAHCI.inf from the flash drive so all you have is the iaStor?

Have you tried Fujitsu Support? They would have more experience with that hardware and might be able to walk you through installation easily, for me it is a lot of best guesses and trial and error.

Reaction score
Fujistsu support sucks.. they barely answer and not really active so it seems i need to figure it out by my self somehow. Thanks though i'll post if i have any question.

Reaction score
I had trouble with these ISOs when trying to install as a hyper-v guest. I had to use an actual Win 7 Disk to do so (although I suspect that some ISOs work). Has anyone tested more of these? It's going to take me 4 times as long to install from the Win 7 disk than it would from an ISO with updates. I used English Pro x64, and it kept asking me for driver disks upon install.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Needing a driver disk has nothing to do with the difference between a W7 DVD (or ISO) and a W7 SP1 DVD (or ISO). It's possible you have an OEM DVD from the PC manufacturer and that could include drivers specific to your PC, but you shouldn't notice a loss of drivers if you have an actual Microsoft W7 DVD vs Microsoft W7 SP1 ISO.

Windows 7 can not and does not claim to have every driver you could ever possibly need. Drivers are created by the hardware manufacturers and you may need to supply them; they can be downloaded from the PC manufacturer's website or from the motherboard manufacturer's website. RAID drivers, SSD drivers and USB 3 drivers are the most common drivers requested before W7 will even install because W7 needs to see the hard drive to install. After installation W7 will attempt to connect to the web and download any other missing drivers, however if the driver that is missing is for the Network Interface then you may have to supply that as well so that the computer can even get online.

Drivers downloaded from the manufacturer are often in zip or zip-exe format and should be expanded before you burn them to a DVD or copy them to a folder (I recommend creating a Drivers folder) on a flash drive.

Reaction score
Needing a driver disk has nothing to do with the difference between a W7 DVD (or ISO) and a W7 SP1 DVD (or ISO). It's possible you have an OEM DVD from the PC manufacturer and that could include drivers specific to your PC, but you shouldn't notice a loss of drivers if you have an actual Microsoft W7 DVD vs Microsoft W7 SP1 ISO.

Windows 7 can not and does not claim to have every driver you could ever possibly need. Drivers are created by the hardware manufacturers and you may need to supply them; they can be downloaded from the PC manufacturer's website or from the motherboard manufacturer's website. RAID drivers, SSD drivers and USB 3 drivers are the most common drivers requested before W7 will even install because W7 needs to see the hard drive to install. After installation W7 will attempt to connect to the web and download any other missing drivers, however if the driver that is missing is for the Network Interface then you may have to supply that as well so that the computer can even get online.

Drivers downloaded from the manufacturer are often in zip or zip-exe format and should be expanded before you burn them to a DVD or copy them to a folder (I recommend creating a Drivers folder) on a flash drive.
As I said earlier, I was installing Window 7 as a Hyper-V Guest, which, if I'm not mistaken, is supposed to be non-hardware specific. In answer to your question: it was asking for a CD/DVD-Rom driver. But in Hyper-V, Microsoft's own hypervisor, there is no actual physical disk drive, and hardware is emulated in a 'fully-supported by Windows installation media' fashion. The installation media is mounted inside the virtual machine using the ISO. Windows 7 SP1 ISO is listed on the Microsoft website as officially supported by Hyper-V here. The ISO I downloaded from here did not work, and the reason Microsoft itself explains is that it is mostly likely due to a problem with the ISO itself as shown by other people having the same problem as me here, here and here.

I used an official Win 7 disk I had at my workplace, and the install went right past where it did with the ISO I downloaded here, yet I had to go through the pain of Windows Update to SP1 :( I guess I could have shopped around for another ISO, but I already tried two from here and we don't have the fastest internet connection. I didn't even attempt to troubleshoot whether it was a download error (as I tried the download twice, and got the same filesize both time, I didn't have time to troubleshoot further). Should have MD5Check or some other hash check perhaps (maybe they do here, I didn't really look).

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Our links are to Digital Rivers which is the official Microsoft distributor for W7, we do not host them and have no control over them and have definitely not modified them in any way. The links on the first post are old and it is recommended people follow the link to the newer ones on the second page HERE because they include the media refresh version SP1(U).
As for the MD5 Hashes, I have listed them in a past post for the 64-bit English versions which I had personally downloaded but if you need others and can't find them in a simple search of the filename let me know and I will download them and check.
Win 7 x64 English editions are 3,243,070KB
X17-58997.iso Home Premium MD5 hash: da319b5826162829c436306bebea7f0f
X17-59186.iso Professional MD5 hash: ed15956fe33c13642a6d2cb2c7aa9749
X17-59465.iso Ultimate MD5 hash: c9f7ecb768acb82daacf5030e14b271e
(and just I went ahead and added them right on Amaltom's original links post to make it easier for others in the future)

I did understand it was a virtual environment but I've never used Hyper-V so I don't know anything about its' settings or driver requirements. Anyway, I'm glad you found a solution that worked.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
These links are listed here for people that already have a valid product key but need to reinstall or for people to try it out for 30 days without activation.

If you need a product key you can buy one directly from Microsoft after installation (but this is rather expensive) or your best option is probably to buy a W7 Installation disk and key from a reputable dealer such as newegg.com.

Reaction score
I keep gettin an error message saying that "windows cannot access the installation sources. Verify that the installation sources are accesible, and restart the installation". Can you help?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Best guess, the DVD may be corrupt. Burn a new one and use no more than 3X speed.

Reaction score
Hi guys. Iˇve got Lenovo IdeaPad Y580. My HDD is damaged so I insert the new one. My question is : When I install Windows 7 can I activate it with product key on back of my laptop? Is there any link to download Windows 7 Home Premium OA X16-96072 or can I use X17-58997 ?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Use X17-58997 and yes you will need the product key from the back of the laptop so make sure you can read it clearly. Note you may also need drivers from Lenova. And after installation you may need programs from Lenova to operate touchpads,, special keyboard controls, and onscreen displays for volume and contrast (if offered).

Reaction score
Thank you very much. One more question : If I install windows 7 home premium on another laptop ( Toshiba) can I activate it with product key from my Lenovo or the product key can only activate windows 7 in Lenovo? Just being courious.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Legally it cannot be transferred because it is an OEM copy. It lives and dies with the motherboard of the machine it was first installed. When it was installed it should have become "locked" to the Lenova.

Reaction score
I must be the only idiot here, but how am I supposed to get the ISO files?!

I am trying to download the X17-24281.iso Windows 7 Professional x64 English and I click on the link http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/win/X17-24281.iso

The file will be saved as a ArcGIS Package Information (X17-24281.pkinfoe2). And that's it? Do I have to rename the extension or what? There's also no ISO file even if I extract the contents from this?

PLS HELP

Reaction score
I must be the only idiot here, but how am I supposed to get the ISO files?!
I'm not sure what the problem is. The link within your own comment is "X17-24281.iso" download. Clicking the link brings up a dialog as to which program I want to open the ISO with.

Reaction score
For me, it straightaway says it's file format is X17-24281.pkinfoe2 ! (See bottom of page in attachment). Ugh I think it might be because I'm using a school computer, but this is the only computer I can use at the moment as I need the recovery disk to revive my laptop.

Any idea how to possibly get round it? Renaming the file to .iso doesn't seem to work

Attachments

Ask a Question