SOLVED Official Windows 7 SP1 ISO Image Downloads

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Can you give more detail than "it doesn't work"? Do you get an error trying to create a bootable USB or when you try to use the USB to install ? What error do you get? What is the size of your flash drive? What is the size of the ISO you downloaded? Maybe it was corrupted or did not finish, have you tried downloading it more than once?

Reaction score
Alright so i first used windows 7 USB tool and it gave me an error as the selected file wasn't good or smthg like that so someone suggested i use yumi program to do a bootable USB i used it, it got the file inside my USB i tried 2 one 4 GB the other 16 GB none worked, this one with yumi i was able to get it in the USB but when i was booting it, it said error couldn't read the first disk sector so i tried it with the other USB same problem, i tried with novicorp i wasn't able to it gave me an error as well the following error http://gyazo.com/2030cd31562738bdd5d4236d201f79bf and when i tried it with rufus it gave me an error that it can't continue it stop when trying to install it in the USB. I tried a cracked version of iso it worked but i don't want to install a cracked one. The size is 3.04GB same as my friend who downloaded it so i don't think it's a problem with the download. As well i can find the boot.wim and install.wim

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Did you download X17-24395 or the newer SP-1(U) Media Refresh version X17-59465.iso of Windows 7 Ultimate x64 English? If you did not get the media refresh version then please try that and see if your problems persist.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Well you will need the proper key to match the version you download but you should also be downloading the media refresh version not the links on the first page. Download from the "newer media refresh versions" which are actually on post #27.

Reaction score
What does the media refresh do actually? i got the product key via a program that i downloaded and it tracked my product key, so what does that do?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
The media refresh version is supposed to work properly on all computers, the original worked on 99.99% of the computers available at the time. But the Microsoft DVD tool may want the newer version and why take the chance you have that .01%.

Is your key for Ultimate? If so then get the Ultimate version, not Home Premium; that shouldn't be an issue creating the USB though, just a problem when you install.

Reaction score
Well i had a problem with the install using yumi since it was the only one that worked but didn't work when i wanted to install. I'll try to download the right one and try to do it again. Thank you!

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Oh, another thing I have suggested but never heard back from anyone as to whether it worked: try formatting your flash drive with a different format. Your 4GB flash drive should be perfect. It can be formatted as NTFS or FAT32 or ExFAT ... try one or two different format methods and see if the Microsoft DVD/Flash Drive Tool works then. If it does please report back which format eventually worked for you.

Reaction score
I have a question, why is after about after six months of using this to install windows 7 and then activating it with a windows keys that i'm getting a message thats telling me its not a genuine windows copy and that i need to buy a new one?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Where did you get the product key? Do you know for sure you have a genuine key and that it has not been installed on other computers?

If you bought just a key from someone then this is what happens because they often sell the key to multiple people and once Microsoft detects it on multiple computers they shut them all down.

UPDATE: It is also possible to get this message if you deleted things from the registry that are related to Windows Activation Technologies. If you did this then try a System Restore back to before you edited your registry.

Reaction score
I'm a little confused; after a clean install of W7 Ultimate 32bit (X17-24394.iso), WU still offers SP1 KB976932 :(

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
fade2gray, go to control panel > system. Does it say you have SP1 installed?

Reaction score
Heyy! I tried the other ios it worked but problem is I for select the driver to be installed and there seems no driver that can be selected or tracked or found i dont know why I'm using a USB 2.0 and getting that, why?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
HeavenSoul, I have no way of knowing what driver it is requesting. The most common are for a RAID hard drive or SSD or DVD-Rom, but regardless of what driver it is you will need to get those drivers from the manufacturer and they must be expanded if they are in zip or zip exe format. I recommend you create a folder on the USB flash drive called DRIVERS and then copy the drivers from the computer manufacturers website.

Sometimes the problem is simply that you have the BIOS set for RAID when really you don't plan to use your hard drive that way.

If you specify the make and model of computer we can likely help point you to drivers if you can't find them yourself.

Reaction score
fade2gray, go to control panel > system. Does it say you have SP1 installed?
Already in the process of applying 110 updates (including KB976932) - I'll try another clean install and check before updating this time. Don't know why I didn't think of that in the first instance.

Thanks

Reaction score
HeavenSoul, I have no way of knowing what driver it is requesting. The most common are for a RAID hard drive or SSD or DVD-Rom, but regardless of what driver it is you will need to get those drivers from the manufacturer and they must be expanded if they are in zip or zip exe format. I recommend you can create a folder on the USB flash drive called DRIVERS and then copy the drivers from the computer manufacturers website.

Sometimes the problem is simply that you have the BIOS set for RAID when really you don't plan to use your hard drive that way.

If you specify the make and model of computer we can likely help point you to drivers if you can't find them yourself.
It's Intel (R) Mobile Express Chipset SATA AHCI Controller, how can i locate the device manager and add them to the USB?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Heavensoul, If it is asking for the drivers on install then you would not use device manager. You use a computer that is working and you download the drivers from the manufacturers website, you plug in the USB on that computer and you create a folder called Drivers and then you copy the driver file(s) into that folder. And then you start the installation over and when it asks for drivers point it to the drivers folder on the USB.

If the installation already completed and you are missing drivers then normally you simply connect to the internet and allow it to download and install the needed drivers. The exception is if the driver is for your network interface and therefore you cannot connect to the internet; in such a case you use another computer that works and download the driver to USB and copy it over to the new installation and then run it if it is an exe or right-click and install if it has a .INF (instruction) file.

If you know the driver you need is "Intel (R) Mobile Express Chipset SATA AHCI Controller" then what is the make and model of your computer (or of your motherboard if it is a custom build)?

Ask a Question