SOLVED Official Windows 7 SP1 ISO Image Downloads

Reaction score
Hi guys, i have troubles with this iso. I have completed the download for windows 7 ultimate sp1, however when i try installing it onto my macbook, using boot camp, it says it is not the latest version of windows 7, how do i go about this ?

this is the file i completed download for
X17-59465.iso Ultimate MD5 hash: c9f7ecb768acb82daacf5030e14b271e

this is 64 bit, however when i continue pressing enter, it says it is not the 64 bit version, also not the latest. what have gone wrong here? or did i do it incorrectly?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Best guess, it is something caused by the ArcGIS package software.

But you might try a different browser and see if you can save there. Or you may need to try a library computer or a friend's computer.

Also, when you try again, you should get the media refresh version, not the one on the first page.

Reaction score
i tried a few the old n new, also stated image not recognized, then i downloaded from another site, x15-65922.iso

i managed to proceed thru the boot camp and completed and when it restarts, it said no bootable device, pls insert the disc and press any key.

did i do it incorrectly? i installed onto my machintosh, but not on the thumbdrive, as i only have one thumbdrive which is used to download the drivers, can i place both iso and drivers into one thumbdrive?

im a first time mac user.

Reaction score
Hello,

I got a new copy of Windows 7 Professional 64bit OEM.

The key has not been used.

Will the key work with the respective ISO?

Thanks.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Yes your OEM key will work with the Professional version ISO but you are still bound by the OEM licensing, meaning it lives and dies with the computer you install it on, it is non-transferable. Also you might want to burn a DVD with all the latest drivers for your computer because the W7 default drivers may not include everything a specialized OEM install does, especially if you have a RAID hard drive setup, or an SSD. And even after the installation you may need the specific network drivers for your computer to connect to the internet.

Reaction score
Yes your OEM key will work with the Professional version ISO but you are still bound by the OEM licensing, meaning it lives and dies with the computer you install it on, it is non-transferable. Also you might want to burn a DVD with all the latest drivers for your computer because the W7 default drivers may not include everything a specialized OEM install does, especially if you have a RAID hard drive setup, or an SSD. And even after the installation you may need the specific network drivers for your computer to connect to the internet.
Is the OEM version my best option? Is there anyway to get the Retail version of Windows 7 anymore? I looked online and couldn't find anything.

Where do I get the latest drivers?

Here is my MacBook setup:

15-inch: 2.5GHz
with Retina display

2.5GHz quad-core Intel Core i7
Turbo Boost up to 3.7GHz
16GB 1600MHz memory
512GB PCIe-based flash storage
Intel Iris Pro Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M with 2GB GDDR5 memory

Thanks. :)

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I don't know anything about Macs. Try this Apple Boot Camp. As for using OEM/System Builders - it's fine, it's cheaper, & most people never move their OS.

Reaction score
It seems it was my trial version of ROXIO that was the problem. The file was downloading with ROXIO as a default program. I also misunderstood how this works. I thought it was a click and launch download, but there appears to be more to it. I'm still stuck. I'll read up a bit more, but could do with a few pointers.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If you haven't already, you need to save the ISO to your hard drive. Then you need software that understands an ISO is an image which actually contains 100s of files. Roxio would understand it and that is apparently what is set up to handle ISO files on your computer, but since it is expired you will need something else. Personally I recommend you first uninstall Roxio since it is expired but that's up to you. So you will want software that can burn an ISO; personally I use IMGBurn because it does a good job and it is free.

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I'd re-read your first post, installed IMGBurn and uninstalled ROXIO. I'm slowly getting there!

Reaction score
I am in process of attempting a fresh install of Win 7 Pro 64bit. I currently have the MAR (Microsoft Authorized Refurbisher) version of same that came installed on the laptop's hard drive. There is also a recovery partition but no disks.

I have a new SSD that I am told it would be best to do a fresh install on. It is a mSATA drive. Not sure if they come formatted.

I will move the Win 7 ISO to a USB drive, run appropriate software to make it bootable and then install from there.

Question 1: Does the Win 7 install give a choice as to which drive to install to? I would like to keep the version I have on my existing HD, so don't want it overwritten. So should I remove that HD drive while doing the installation?

Question 2: Assuming I get Win 7 Pro properly installed on the SSD, will I be able to activate it with the original drive is still in the machine? (I would remove USB and perhaps delete ISO download first). Or if I activate with the HD still out, can I put the HD back in and be able to boot from either?

Basically, I want to keep the original HD installation as a backup just in case the fresh version gives problems.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Yes the install gives a choice but legally you may only have one license installed once so, you should remove the old hard drive. But you can keep it in a drawer as a backup. Unless you delete the OS from it you cannot have it in at the same time as the SSD with the OS.

Be aware you will need drivers from the SSD manufacturer for W7 to "see" the SSD. If you are making a bootable USB I encourage you to add a folder off the root called Drivers and make sure the driver is expanded under it. If a driver comes as a .exe then try changing it to .zip and expanding it. If you need multiple drivers (for other components in your computer) then create subfolders under the Drivers folder.

FYI: You mention a recovery partition, normally if you have a partition then you don't have disks because you restore from the partition so that would be why you didn't get disks.

Reaction score
Decided to go with cloning. had two instances of Win 7 for a short while, but now have a nice empty 240Gb drive plus Windows on a similar size SSD. Backed up original drive to USB drive.

Reaction score
My custom build computer is running Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 X64 OME and I need to reinstall my OS, but I have lost my disk, so I have been trying to make a bootable USB for a couple of days. I am downloading the Windows 7 Ultimate SP1-U x64 using Google Chorme and then I am trying to use the Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool to make the Bottable USB. I had 2 4GB ones that would not work the program kept saying it was unable to copy the file from the .iso at 67%, 81%, and 99%. I searched for possible solutions and found the one that uses the CMD Promt using diskpart to format the disk. Then I tried to change (I forget the name) to 16 kilobytes. I even bought a brand new USB drive to make sure. Im lost on what is wrong. I also have been trying to do all of this in Safe Modw with Networking, so that no other programs would interfere with it. Any help or suggestions. I would really like to get this working because I cannot use my computer until I get the OS reinstalled.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
The file is over 3GB so, no, a 2GB flash drive will not work. Use a 4GB or larger flash drive.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I don't know what to tell you; my best guess would be that your ISO is incomplete. Did you check the file size and MD5 hash? For 64-bit W7 Ultimate English it should be 3,243,070KB, MD5 hash: c9f7ecb768acb82daacf5030e14b271e.

If your hash does not match then try using a download manager so if the download stops you can resume.

If it does match then how is the flash drive formatted?

Reaction score
I don't know what to tell you; my best guess would be that your ISO is incomplete. Did you check the file size and MD5 hash? For 64-bit W7 Ultimate English it should be 3,243,070KB, MD5 hash: c9f7ecb768acb82daacf5030e14b271e.

If your hash does not match then try using a download manager so if the download stops you can resume.

If it does match then how is the flash drive formatted?
I do not know how to check the MD5 hash, but I did install a download manager. I tried again last night. The file size is off, but I tried anyway and only got to 20%. Out of frustration I decided to download (without the download manager) the Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (not the Media Update one). The first time I got 100% with the Windows USB Download Tool. I think that the original poster needs to investigate that ISO because it is not working properly. Thank you for your help Train and I'll give an update if the boot-able flash drive works.

UPDATE:
It installed perfectly!

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I am glad you were successful.

The ISOs are stored at Digital Rivers which is the official download site for W7. We have no control over it. Depending on the connection or degradation in the line a packet may get lost or have to be retransmitted, too much of this and the connection is terminated at one end or the other. A download manager allows you to resume such a broken connection which is why it is recommended for such huge files.

Ask a Question