SOLVED Official Windows 7 SP1 ISO Image Downloads

Reaction score
i downloaded this "2147483647 X17-24281.iso Windows 7 Professional x64 English" and yes it says INVALID ....ok if its a hardware problem can you tell me what kind of hard drive should i buy my hard drve is HDD and my laptopis asus k55v 2 years old ...should i replace the memory or hard drive or everything? this thing started when i downloaded windows essentials BTW so sad :(

Reaction score
trainableman it says its invalid and i just want to ask why are you letting me download a Chinese version of windows 7 proffesional? and not the english one?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I pointed you to the Chinese version because you are in China but you can download any language you like.

But you need to download the media refresh version. X17-5xxxx, links are HERE.

As for the hard drive it is a 2.5inch sata drive. It shipped with choices of 320GB 5400RPM, 500GB 5400 or 7200RPM, 750GB 5400 or 7200RPM, or 1TB 5400RPM. Personally I would replace it with the largest I could afford because I like lots of space but you would need to decide for yourself.

Reaction score
if anyone is wanting to create a boot-able USB drive/stick continue reading this post
  1. Download the .ISO file you want
  2. you need to get a boot-able drive creator,download RUFUS or Windows 7 USB download tool
  3. Install you're boot-able USB creator
  4. when asked to Browse for an ISO image click Browse and locate you're .ISO file
  5. then click "Start" or "Create"

Reaction score
I noticed that when i installed the 64bit window 7 pro it only has 3 days trial. Whatever happened to 30days? Can you link me to a 30days?

"edited" Nevermind!! It is automatic online registration that is 3 days.. so i still got 28 ish days i believe!

You can turn it off in progress of installing window

Last edited:
Reaction score
After 3.0 GB download it is stopped. I have checked my internet connection, it is ok but why download stopped? please help!!!

Attachments

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
We have no control over Digital Rivers or your download controls. Best option is to use a download Manager and attempt to resume when it stops. .

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a sticky situation here trying to get my system back to 64 bit. Lost my hard drive and all I had was an XP installation 32 bit, but I have windows 7 and 8.1 upgrade discs with keys (upgrade keys), which work for either 32 or 64. So I upgraded to windows 7 and of course could only upgrade to a 32 bit. So my questions are

if I download an ISO for 64 bit Windows Ultimate, am I able to use my upgrade key to do a clean install, even if I already activated it for my 32 bit upgrade?
If I attempt a clean install and cant do it would I be able to get back to my originaly 32 bit Windows Ultimate.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Actually you could have upgraded to W7 64-bit, every upgrade from XP to W7 is a custom install and upgrading to 64 bit works the same as 32. And just FYI, with a W7 upgrade license you can simply use the double install method rather than reinstalling XP first; you simply install W7 twice and activate after the second installation.

If your upgrade license is for the Ultimate Version then, yes you can install the 64-bit edition now but you may be asked to call Microsoft to activate again since you already recently activated. And yes you could go back to 32 but, again, you may be instructed to call Microsoft to approve the activation.

As for Windows 8 upgrade you probably don't have to have win7 Installed either, you might check out this thread on a Windows 8 forum HERE and see if that works for you (NOTE: that forum is not related to this forum).

Reaction score
Actually you could have upgraded to W7 64-bit, every upgrade from XP to W7 is a custom install and upgrading to 64 bit works the same as 32. And just FYI, with a W7 upgrade license you can simply use the double install method rather than reinstalling XP first; you simply install W7 twice and activate after the second installation.

If your upgrade license is for the Ultimate Version then, yes you can install the 64-bit edition now but you may be asked to call Microsoft to activate again since you already recently activated. And yes you could go back to 32 but, again, you may be instructed to call Microsoft to approve the activation.

As for Windows 8 upgrade you probably don't have to have win7 Installed either, you might check out this thread on a Windows 8 forum HERE and see if that works for you (NOTE: that forum is not related to this forum).
Well all I have are upgrade discs and upgrade keys. Both the win7 32 and 64 are on different discs. When I was running xp I put in the 64 bit disk, ide get an error message saying I can only upgrade to a 32. So I put win 7 32 in and has worked ever since. My windows 8 upgrade disk is a 32/64 bit combo disk but when I try to run it I get an error saying I cant run a 64 bit, it wont even let me install 32.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Then I suspect the issue is your hardware is not 64-bit compatible. As for Win 8.1 32-bit, does it give any reason why it can't be installed?

I suggest you go to the Windows 8.1 Faq and click on "Can my PC run Windows 8.1" and under that download and run the Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant.

Reaction score
I thought maybe it was an issue with the original OS on my new hard drive was 32 bit and afterwards I cannot change it unless I do a new clean install?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
As I mentioned, any upgrade from XP to W7 is a custom install so the OS would not prohibit going to 64bit (it is only an upgrade legally, it is in reality a fresh installation). A hard drive with 32-bit W7 would require a reinstall to change to 64-bit W7. But in either case, if your computer architecture does not support 64-bit processing then 64-bit W7 will refuse to install.

If your PC does support 64-bit and you have 32-bit W7 installed it would require a custom install to upgrade to Win 8.1. Run the Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant to know for sure if your computer even supports 64-bit.

Reaction score
Well I know I should be able to install 64 bit, I originally had 64 bit before my hard drive took a dump, Ill see if I can get the ISO to work.

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Have been trying to download Windows 7 Home Premium x64 as I want to wipe my old laptop so I can give it to my GF to use (factory restore wasn't working when I selected 'Repair your Computer')

I have managed to burn to a DVD, boot from the DVD and begin the installation process (selected custom install and selected my primary HDD to install on).

However after about 10 mins I get an error 0x80070570 which suggests I am missing files

I am re-downloading again (albeit the original links posted, not with the MS bug fix) so I am hoping that works this time. Would you suggest the same thing or have you got any other solutions?

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have a question I hope someone can answer.
Can you install these ISO images without a product key and get one later ?
I know with windows xp pro it prompts you for the key during the install and you can't install without it.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I seem to recall a "bypass activation code" option on the activation code screen but I've never tried it. You have up to 30 days to enter an activation code so it is supposed to be possible.

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to do a clean install of Windows 7 onto my newly built PC. It seems that I'm having similar problems as those posted before me but I haven't been able to find a definitive answer. Excuse me if I've missed it somewhere.

So I started getting the "Missing CD/DVD drivers" error when installing Ultimate x64 Media Refresh. I've tried copying my motherboard drivers onto USB and browsing for them from the install window, I've got as far as being able to see the folders of my drivers but not being able to choose anything to actually install (((I'm not actually entirely sure I'm doing this correctly - are there specific files within the driver folders that I should only put on USB??)))

I've looked endlessly for an answer to this and I'm yet to try a couple of things but before I do I wanted to check in here. The ISO's I'm downloading from the first page of this thread + the media refresh page don't seem to have the same hashes as the official Microsoft ISO's (even thought I was under the impression that these are the official images...) So this has led me to wonder if it's this that is causing my missing drivers error during install.

So I'm a bit stuck. I thought the hashes had to match with Microsoft's for them to be genuine? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for any help.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If you downloaded from the links on the first page that is NOT the media refresh edition, the media refresh edition is on post #27, and no they wouldn't have the same hash as the ones in the first post.

If all you are missing is a driver for your DVD then I suggest you create a bootable USB flash drive (4GB or larger) with the ISO image instead. Then you can install from USB and simply get the DVD drivers using Windows Update after installation.

If you cannot or do not want to do that then please tell us the make/model of your computer so we can look up the manufactures drivers and maybe we can give you an idea what you are looking for. Often they are sent as an exe and may need expanded to be seen as an actual driver; often what you need is a .inf file and the files that information file calls for.

Reaction score
Hello, im hoping someone could help me because im facing a problem with this. I've downloaded the iso Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit in english, when i try to transfer it to usb so i can install it on my laptop it doesn\t work i tried many programs and none of them worked, i tried yumi, windows 7 usb tool, ruffus and novicorp. none of them worked.. why is that happening?

Ask a Question