SOLVED Official Windows 7 SP1 ISO Image Downloads

Reaction score
Hi I am using win 7 Homebasic now and now I have downloaded Win 7 ultimate 64 bit .Can I install trail version and see ? How many days will be my trail period?
Because previously I have downloaded the same from the below location and the disk was throughing error saying the disk contains some EIFE tables .cannot install OS onto this disk.
it also says "windows cannot be installed on this disk. The selected disk is of the GPT partition style."

Last edited by a moderator:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I think you may have trouble installing a trial version of Ultimate simply because the computer already had a version of Windows installed. Microsoft is not stupid and they don't want people reinstalling the OS every 60 days just so that they don't have to pay to activate it so information is stored on the hard drive to prevent that. I think that "memory" may cause you problems if you try to install Ultimate without a product key over an existing copy of Win 7.

But of course if you try it anyway, please let us know if it works, so others can learn from your experience.

And yes the hard drive needs to be set up with an acceptable partition structure. Easiest is to just drop all your partitions and have the installation format the drive.

Reaction score
hi guys
i installed windows 7 ultimate 32 bit but it doesn't work with my product key i recovered. The product id has oem in it so would i need a oem version.
thanks

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Klaus, the only languages we have are listed.

bigboy, a valid OEM key should work fine with these versions, the only difference is you won't have the extras that companies like Dell get paid to put onto your machine such as trial versions of Office and video games. Any software you might actually be required to use the machine such as drivers and software to run touchpads etc should be available on the manufacturers website. So the issue is not because you need an OEM version, the issue would be the key. Does it not accept the key or can you just not activate the key; if the problem is activation and you are sure you used the actual key and not a default key then I suggest you try to use the "call Microsoft" option.

Reaction score
TrainableMan thanks for the reply. I recovered the key before i re installed windows 7 and using that key but it does not accept it

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
You do know your key will only work for the exact same version? So you had to have Ultimate for your key to work. If you had ultimate then I don't know what else to tell you but to check and make sure you wrote it down and then keyed it in properly, because it should work.

Reaction score
when i recovered the key this is what i got
==================================================
Product Name : Windows 7 Ultimate
Product ID :
Product Key :
Installation Folder : C:\Windows
Service Pack : Service Pack 1
Computer Name : DELL5-PC
Modified Time : 26/11/2013 21:21:28
the product id had oem in it

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
The OEM shouldn't matter as long as you have the valid 25 digit product key and are using that same motherboard; you cannot transfer an OEM license to a new computer/motherboard.

Reaction score
its a dell gx280 which originally came with windows xp pro and later windows 7 was added

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Then it is likely an upgrade key. Try installing W7 once without the key and then install again with the key; that is something you often have to do when installing the upgrade onto a new or formatted hard drive. If that doesn't work then I don't know what else to tell you.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
It's been a while since I installed so I really don't recall those options but I suppose "upgrade".

Ann

Reaction score
Help! I tried the links in this forum to download the Windown7 SP1 ISO but the links give me the 404 error. Do you know if there are any other options?
Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
The links appear to be taken down from Microsft's servers, or at the very least temporarily. Other than waiting for the links to come back on line, I'm not sure what to advise.

If you knew which hash you needed for the correct download, you might can find a torrent from P2P networks. Remember though to only download a file if it has a hash match to the one you want. Otherwise you risk getting an altered download, which would likely be Mal-ware infested.

Ann

Reaction score
Okay, thanks for the reply. Is this typical or should I look for other options?

Reaction score
Out of the few years I have been monitoring this thread, this is the first time I have seen anyone mention the links being broken. Though I suppose it is possible Microsoft changed the download locations and our links are no longer accurate. In our defense we are not the only ones with broken links, Digitalriver links are broken as well.

Reaction score
I came onto the site today because I had this thought that I should download all the ISO's before this gets taken down. Seems like I missed it by a few hours. Hopefully hopefully they come back up..

Ann

Reaction score
I have searched the web for locations and all point to Digitalriver . Argh!
Sam, we are in the same boat! Hopefully they will come back soon.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Yes it appears Microsoft has shut them all down.

At this point we have no more information other than they are down.

It could be temporary; only time will tell.

At this point I have closed this thread but it can be reopened if they should return.

UPDATE: Hurray! The links are working again!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ian

Ask a Question