SOLVED Official Windows 7 SP1 ISO Image Downloads

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
John, even if your computer didn't come with SP1 it should have been upgraded to SP1 via Windows Updates so if you upgraded to SP1 or if you are doing a fresh install then you can use the W7 SP1 version. If you are doing either of those things and still running into problems then I suggest you get the media refresh version (W7-SP1-U) which was put out to handle a rare issue that occurred in about 1 in 10000 computers with the original SP1 release. You can find links to the media refresh versions in post #27 of this very thread.

In the rare case where an individual is still running non-SP1 and they want to try a system repair from W7 (non-SP1) Installation disks, we have links to several choices HERE.

Reaction score
does it works on oem laptops like Toshiba, reason im asking is because this laptop that product key is fade it and i cant see the product key, im wondering if will automaticly find the key on the bios or so:)

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
No, you have to have the product key. But if the computer is currently working on W7 then simply install SIW on it and read the product key with it.

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new in here.
I have a HP notebook with Win7 Home Professional 64bit installed.
I don't know why but windows update didn't let me upgrade to SP1 (and I wanted to, because I would like to reduce winsxs folder).
Is OK if I download the 2147483647 X17-24297.iso Windows 7 Professional x64 Italian http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/win/X17-24302.iso (Link in the first page)

How do I install? Shall I burn a dvd with the iso installed?
Or is possible to keep it on the hard disk?
Is it a replacement of the whole Operating system or only an update?
Many thanks in advance,
jazzrock

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
jazzrock, yes you could download the W7 SP1 H.P. Italian version and burn it to a DVD but then it would require you to completely reinstall. Plus you may still need drivers from the HP website that would be specific to your notebook.

Instead ...
If your computer is currently working well and all you really need is to get the SP1 update then there are a couple of better ideas to try first:

#1 run the Microsoft Windows Fix-it for Windows Updates and read over article KB2505743 and make sure you have the prerequisite updates installed, then try to run the SP1 update.

#2 If that still doesn't work, then download just the SP1 update "windows6.1-KB976932-X64.exe" (second file from the bottom of the list) and then run that.

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum so pardon me if my question is common. I'm looking for the latest windows 7 professional 64 bit iso which includes all the windows update. I do have a disc but i figured if i could just download the latest copy of windows 7 and have all the latest windows update preinstalled, why not? I've been searching around for a few hours but none of the link points to the latest copy. Or so i think.... Does microsoft actually compiles and release a new ISO when there are new updates or we are actually stuck at the SP 1 version?

Could someone point me at the right direction?

Thanks

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
SP1-U is the latest that I'm aware of and that is still 2 years old so expect a lot of updates.

Reaction score
thanks trainableman for your reply. just one more question... what does the naming convention of the iso represents? I see them as x17-5 digits. what does the x and 5 digits means? are they different builds? does it mean they have different patches inside? thanks.

Reaction score
Is the download for anyone else painfully slow? Like 7KiB/s?

I did a speedtest with a 500MiB file and then it was 1.40MiB/s?

Reaction score
Probably a Dumb Question?

will these iso's work for an oem version of windows 7?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Starhowl, I get almost 3MB/s but it dies out on me. I would suggest you keep trying.

Beanie, yes it works with an OEM product key but you may want to go to the computer manufacturers website and download the drivers for your machine. Most drivers will be found automatically but, for example, what if the one driver you need and don't have is the network driver to connect to the internet. You would also have to go to the manufacturer's site for programs such as to make touchpads work and onscreen displays of volume and/or brightness/contrast. And these Microsoft versions of W7 will not have the bloatware manufacturer's are paid to install, such as trial versions of office, anti-virus, online games, etc. Most of these things you don't need but If you cannot get along without them you will need to find an alternative or contact the manufacturer for an actual OEM W7 DVD.

Reaction score
Hey!
I was wonder if you could fix the download link for the Professional X64 Portuguese version, please!?
One more question: Will my PC be slower than normal if I only use the Trial Version, without activating it now?
Thanks!

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
The files are maintained by digital river and it appears the Portuguese x64 versions are currently not available. Hopefully they will be repaired because, unfortunately, we do not have any others. I suggest you keep trying but we have no control over it.

For 60 days it will work exactly the same, except for an occasional reminder to activate.

JCC

Reaction score
I've tried over and over to download 7-prof 64 bit in english but my downloads never finish or fail. I've tried on several computers with and without a download manager.. any ideas help?

Reaction score
Maybe I missed this earlier in the thread - for some reason my old laptop has HP OEM32 bit, however my laptop is capable of 64 bit, can I use the 64bit with my existing OEM key?

JCC - I have had the same issue - my file stops/completes well before the 3.1gb size.. trying again

Ask a Question