Windows could not complete the installation.

Reaction score
i have my hp g61 laptop with a W7..so everytime i start to boot my my laptop it says Windows could not complete the installation. To install windows on this computer restart the installation...so i reboot again and it says the same message..anyone can help me..???thanks..

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Please provide more information.

Your laptop won't boot in to a new install of w7? How far does it get before you see the message?
What version are you trying to install.? 32, 64?
Is it a new copy of w7?
Retail, OEM or upgrade from another OS?
Dual booting?

Reaction score
Insert your install disc then reboot to see if anything happens. Make sure your LT is set to boot from disc first, don't press anykey when asked. But it seems that he is, in any case, past that stage and has the installation - but it won't boot.

Last edited by a moderator:

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
The Windows 7 disk is not an autoboot, normally. He must press the "Press any key..etc"

But he appears to be past that stage. He has Windows 7 installed but it is not booting correctly, if I understand his post.

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
So you have the W7 DVD in the DVDrom and you just keep letting it install over and over but you get the message each time?

Or have you removed the DVD after the first install and then when you boot it says the install didn't complete?

If you have yet to remove the DVD then try doing so and reboot and tell us what happens.

Or if you have booted without the DVD in the drive and THEN you get the error then put the W7 DVD back into to DVD drive and make sure you boot to it (in BIOS make sure DVDRom is your first boot device) and then when you tell it to install, if you have a system repair option in the bottom left, try it.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Do you still have the recover partition intact? I think that would be your best bet.

But, querying your post, does it say the installation will restart after .xx.. seconds, or press a key to restart, or something similar? If so, do not press a key, let it restart under the program.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
OK, what is the exact product number? hp g61-????. I just looked up those laptops and it appears some CAME with W7 installed, others Vista. Did your laptop come with Vista or W7? Are you trying to upgrade from a W7 DVD? If W7 came preinstalled how long have you owned the computer and how long have you been getting this error? More information please.

Reaction score
i have my hp g61-320ca 64bit and its been a year since i bought this..and it was brand new..just last week when i opened my laptop then that message appear..i dont have a dvd of w7..and its OEM..i don't know what is dual booting..so i tried the ctrl+alt+del..and erased the audit.exe from the task manager that i read to some forums and its work the problem is when i shutdown or restart my system that message always appear and i stuck on that...pls..help
sorry guys for my english..
thank you all...thanks for the help

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I don't think I could ever take advice from someone that uses windows colors like lime green and yellow. :p

Anyway you didn't say what to check it for. Are you just curious whether Win7 is listed as the default OS?

Ask a Question