Need Help - Windows 7 Could not complete the installation

Reaction score
Need help

I bought a lap with pre-installed Windows 7 and the reg under the lap top on a sticker

One of my relatives borrowed it recently and messed up the settings - I tried to return the laptop back to orginal factory settings and the following message appears every time I turn it on.

"Windows could not complete the installation. To install Windows on this computer, restart the installation."

To me it looks like it is having problems installing windows

I don't have a Window's 7 CD and don't know what to do next, I don't have alot of computer skills, so any guidance would be great.

Many Thanks
TC

Reaction score
You need to create a system repair disc. This is the first thing I tell anyone who buys any new PC. You find this in the programs list under maintenance. But, since you can't get it reinstalled that does you absolutely no good. You might be able to start up the PC in safe mode and see it that will allow you to create a system repair disc.

Reaction score
You may also want to contact whatever compsny make's your laptop's support. Most pc's have a hidden partition that will restore the pc to factory setting's. Definitely make the System Repair Diskas bassfisher6522 said.

Ask a Question