Windows could not complete the instllation

Reaction score
I have a Gateway laptop 64 bit with window 7 that i started having problems with last week, i've try to set the pc to factory setting and i'm getting the following message "Windows could not complete the installation. To install Windows on this computer, restart the installation" i'm unable to start the computer in safe mode either.

Thanks
Joel

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Joel, do you have a W7 OEM DVD (either from the factory or one you burned when the computer was new) or is the factory DVD stored in a hidden partition on the hard drive?

It is possible that your hard drive is failing and if the factory settings are on a partition there then they may have been lost.

Reaction score
do you have a W7 OEM DVD (either from the factory or one you burned when the computer was new) or is the factory DVD stored in a hidden partition on the hard drive? --- No i don't have W& OEM DVD, the factory DV is stored in a hidden partition of the hard drive.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I suggest you use another computer to download a burn the matching version of the W7 installation DVD (Links HERE). Then on the broken computer boot to the W7 Installation DVD and from the W7 Installation screen try "startup repair" in the lower corner of the screen.

If you do not see startup repair when you get to the installation menu it is likely because the install program doesn't see Windows currently installed on your hard drive (or may not even see the hard drive) ... again going back to the possibility your hard drive is damaged or dead (locked up). If your hard drive is going bad or has locked up then it will need replaced.

Ask a Question