Windows 7 Login Screen issue

Reaction score
i M using Windows 7 Ultimate 64-BiT.

i Have only 1 Admin account without any password.

From past few dayz i m facing a proble,

Whenever i start my PC, a Login Screen appears & i dont want this, i want to remove it.

But i dont know how to remove it, can anyOne pls. assist me with it ??

The login screen is just like below SS, but without the password

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I would suggest seeing if you have a system restore point from prior to the change and restore it. Type Restore in the Start-search menu and select System Restore from the results. You may need to check the box "show more restore points". Revert to a point prior to this issue.

Reaction score
Go to control panel, system security, power options, and click on "require a password on wakeup" (top left hand side), click "change settingsthat are currently unavailable" and clik "don't require a password". That should do it for you.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I'm curious, is the userid showing yours? It didn't add a new user did it? If it did then I would suspect malware.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Vishal (AskVG) is the master of customising. I have had a lot of fun playing with his utilities. But I can see there are several other tools that come with the logon package You could have another look at his site and try, for example, in his "related articles" the logon editor or similar.?
But try this:
in the start, or run box type Control userpasswords2
In the windows which opens, make sure that the password box is unticked. Apply and exit. Restart and see if the problem persists.

Ask a Question