Windows 7 64 on Intel i5 ASUS P7P55D Pro canon mp530 wont work?

Reaction score
Have just bought a new computer (ASUS P7P55D PRO MB, i5 750, 4Gb ram with 64 bit WIN 7)
I can not get my canon mp530 pixima printer to be recognised by the computer. have been through exhaustive repetative downloading, installing of the canon win7 64bit mp530 drivers without win firewall on & without antivirus & trying all usb ports at the advice of canon tech support, keeps comming up with device not recognised. they are now telling me that its a problem with the usb controler of the motherboard or possible bios or somthing and they have done all thay can. I have tried the printer back on my old system and all is fine.
Have just tonight updated to latest MB bios V and intel chip drivers, NO JOY

What can i do? i have just purchased all new ink tanks which is the icing on the cake.
Your support will be greatly appreciated.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums chlondad!

When you connect the printer via USB, does the system recognise that something has indeed been connected? If you go to the properties of that unknown device in "device manager", does it show a hardware id under the details tab? (If so, can you post it here please :)).

Reaction score
Hi Ian, Thanks for the reply
Yes when I connect the printer then turn it on it definatly recognizes the connection but not recognized pops up from the task bar.
I went into device manager, the universal serial bus cotrollers tab was expanded and in the drop list was showing unknown device. I right clicked and went to properties then details, no hardware id, only unknown device is shown:)

Reaction score
Thanks for reply ian

{Quote} ===chlondad;32194]Hi Ian, Thanks for the reply
Yes when I connect the printer then turn it on it definatly recognizes the connection but not recognized pops up from the task bar.
I went into device manager, the universal serial bus cotrollers tab was expanded and in the drop list was showing unknown device. I right clicked and went to properties then details, no hardware id, only unknown device is shown:)[/QUOTE]

Reaction score
I went into device manager, the universal serial bus cotrollers tab was expanded and in the drop list was showing unknown device. I right clicked and went to properties then details, no hardware id, only unknown device is shown

Ask a Question