SOLVED Window could not format a partition on disk 0

Reaction score
I am trying, for about a week, to do a clean install. W7 is a mean dog.

Everything seems fine until I get to the response on the "Where do you want to install windows?" page.

I have 2 Disk Partitions;
Partition 1: System Reserved Total Size= 100.0 MB Free Space=86.0 MB Type=System

Partition 2 Total Size=698.5 GB Free Space=698.5 Type=Primary

When I select part 2 and click NEXT I get The installation was cancelled page and a install windows popup stating that "Window could not format a partition on disk 0. The error occurred while preparing the partition selected for installation. Error code: 0x8 0070057"

When I do the delete on the partition via the advanced option of partition to be unallocated I briefly have the installing windows page show before the error comes back.

I know it has to be some wrong thing I am doing to the disk.

0x80070057

Reaction score
SeaTools for DOS informs me that I have a disk problem. So I guess I am done here.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Too bad to hear that you're have a HDD problem.

A LOT of Seagate HDDs lately have been having issues. I hope you get the situation resolved to your satisfaction.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If it were me I would deallocate both partitions and reallocate them as one single partition and then try again.

Reaction score
Hi Train.
I tried all that and more.

A new WD HDD and every thing is a OK except reinstalling the software.

I have misplaced/lost/discarded my setup disk for my LinkSys AE1000 wireless internet connection and cannot find an alternative other than spending money.
Where do I go for help?

Ask a Question