Windows 7 Format - Help

Reaction score
Hello,

I recently formated my pc after some problems i had. So, i would simple want to ask what drivers should i install now..and mainly do i need to install my motherboard? I noticed that LAN wasn't installed and sm bus controller as well from the device manager. I know i need to install gpu (the easiest one), but then i am not quite sure what else i should install in order to have everything correct. I was able to find a driver for the lan, but not for the other thing. Motherboard didn't came with any cds too..how about cps? or does windows install some these itself? Basically i am really confused on what windows 7 installs itself and what i need to install my self, and how (confused how there isnt only 1 driver for motherboard, but like bunch of different drivers for every little thing). Please and thank you.

Motherboard: Foxconn H67M-S/H67M/H67M-V.
cpu: Intel i5 2300 2,80GHz

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply, but i think this is the last thing i would need right now. My question is: after formating my pc, does windows 7 install motherboard, or do i need to install it myself? if yes, then: 1) i can install with cd, but i do NOT have the cd of it. 2) download and install drivers, would be my option, since i dont have cd. The question is, what are these drivers. I mean from what i have seen there are many drivers for different ''pieces'' of the motherboard, not one driver for the whole thing like GPU. Thanks for the help again.

BTW Core if the chipest driver you linked is the one i just said in this post, then sorry for that i don't have any time to download and install now.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
W7 includes most drivers to get you going and with those basics it USUALLY can get connected to the internet and download 99% of the rest of the drivers you need. Once W7 finishes, then just look in control panel > device manager to see if anything is flagged as missing or not working properly.

Generally the only drivers you might need are for SSDs and NICs.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Core the LAN Driver you linked me was the one i said i had installed, and it work :)

In the device manager, there were these 2 flagged, lan and sm bus controller. Now it's just the sm bus, i didn't know if i had motherboard installed cause i didn't see any motherboards linked in device manager, and since lan and sm bus were flagged, i thought motherboard wouldnt be either (assuming these come with motherboard). So i will install the chipset and see what happens.

Thanks for the help once again,
Alex

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
You won't really see "motherboard" listed in device manager but a motherboard contains numerous pieces/parts that each get a driver. sm bus would be a driver needed for your mobo. The missing LAN driver is likely for the network connector on your mobo too.

Ask a Question