Reaction score
My desktop's configuration is
processor - intel core i3, ram- 2 gb
no external graphics card.
Can i instl win 7 ultmate 64 bit??

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
Yes, but don't expect lightning speed performance with the minimum supported amount of RAM and integrated graphics.

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
For the record, I run Windows7 64-bit on an i3 notebook with integrated graphics and the performance is quite satisfactory. However, it has 4Gb of RAM and I believe that makes a big difference and I would recommend you take your computer up to at least 4Gb (8Gb would be ideal as the sweetspot for W764).

2Gb is just not enough for Windows itself, plus the essential security programs you must run to be safe, then the programs you want to use on top of that, and still allow for good performance. This small amount of RAM forces Windows and your CPU to constantly bang on the Page File - which is located on the slow (compared to RAM speeds) hard drive. So adding at least 2 more Gb will give Windows more room to play in, it will give your integrated graphics processor more room to play in, and it will take some of the pressure off of (and delays caused by) the PageFile/HD.

Ask a Question