SOLVED Win XP Mode can't be restored. Help

Reaction score
XP mode worked on W7 x64 Pro installed on D drive. Installed new SSD and upgraded to Enterprise. New C drive shows an .ini file and two .vmcx files with status of Hibernated and Powered down. The VMCPropertyHandler.dll is in Sys 32. When I click to open the Win XP Mode the error message says it could not be restored "because one of its virtual hard disks could not be located. Make sure that all virtual hard disk files of this virtual machine are present in the configured location." Should the files on the new C drive be moved to D? What am I missing? It seems so simple. What files where? None of the files on the D drive were touched. Help!

Reaction score
Did anyone respond to your question?? I am having trouble installing XP Mode. It makes it to the very end of the progress bar and fails! Then ask's me to please try again. After four attempts I have given up.

Ask a Question