Windows reboot resets power options and sleep mode

Reaction score
Can some one help? I have selected recommended power options in control panel and ensured that any option to allow the monitor to go into sleep mode is disabled or Never and I have saved this option. But on rebooting, windows returns to high performance and monitor is reset to go into sleep mode. Can you tell me why and how to fix this? I have even made and selected my own power options and it still reverts back to high performance and sleep

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Usually this means there is a problem with your registry. If you maintain restore points then try restoring your system to a date prior to this being an issue.

If that is not possible then none of the other possible solutions is ideal. It could be specific to your userid so you could try creating a brand new user and see if settings store for the new acct; if so then you could move all your data over and start using that acct. Or the other option is to completely reinstall.

Problems like this can be caused by overly eager registry cleaners so research the reviews before using that type product.

Ask a Question