Can't get Windows to restart from sleep mode

Reaction score
Hello
My first post.
A few days ago I had to rebuild my system (format C: drive and reinstall W7 and all my software) as I had reflashed the motherboard BIOS and then W7 would not start up telling me that there was a hardware change and that I would need to do a windows repair which would not work.
Anyway I reinstalled W7 and all my software a couple of days ago but this morning after starting my PC an hour earlier I found that my PC was in 'sleep' mode or hibernation and pressing the power switch on the PC would not wake it up - it had been working ok up till then (ie restarting from sleep or hiberation whatever it was. I had to reboot my PC using the small 'restart' button on the front of my PC.

What could be causing that?

Also last night when I did a manual shutdown the screen displayed 'shutting down' and this morning it was still showing the same screen - it had not finished shutting down.

What could be causing that?

Any ideas what could be causing these things and how to fix them?

Thanks

Ask a Question