Driver for model aircraft twin stick controller

Reaction score
Cannot operate my R/C controller. Win7 sees it as an ART TECH GAME ie. an X Box controller and will not allow me to properly calibrate. I need a USB driver which is compatible. I was able to calibrate and use it before I had to reinstall Win7 (dont ask) but something has changed. Any clues ???.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Did you change from 32-bit to 64-bit W7? If so the drivers would likely be different and may not even be available.

Please specify the make & model controller and whether you have 32 or 64-bit W7.

Reaction score
Thanks TrainableMan,
1. My Win 7 is and always was 64 bit.
2.Hobbyking 6 channel R/C Flight Simulator. USB connect.
3.System recognises X Box controller and will not properly calibrate my unit.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
From what I can find this controller was originally for Windows 98/ME/XP (at least the mode 1 & mode 2 versions) and I can't really find specific drivers for it. Since it is USB they may just load automatically when connected. However, I saw one irate comment saying the Hobbyking 6ch RC Flight Simulator (mode 1) & (mode 2) don't work in Windows 7. You say yours worked in Win7 until you reinstalled so maybe that is not the version you have?

Are you saying you have an X-Box controller ALSO? or that it sees this controller as if it is an X-Box controller? If you go to control panel > devices and printers do you see your RC controller in the list?

Do you belong to a forum that uses these RC controllers? I'm not much of a gamer and even though this has apparently been around since Windows 98 I never even heard of this type controller until your post. Perhaps an RC forum might have people with actual experience using them.

Reaction score
Thanks again Trainableman, I too saw that comment re not working but I confirm that mine was working well.
No, I do not have a XBox controller, merely that that is the picture showing for the Art Tech Game controller which installs automatically and which I cannot remove. System says driver not required for ATG and so driver is not loaded.
I have contacted several related sources but so far only Microsoft Forum has replied and not successfully.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
The only thing I can think of is to install 32-bit W7 and see if it works with that. Of course if you have more than 3.3GB of memory it would mean you loose out on the use of that extra RAM.

Reaction score
Thanks again, Still no solution but I am on the track (no pun intended) of a driver from the laptop maker.
Appreciate your interest
Regards
TJA

Ask a Question