Windows Resetting While in Sleep/Hibernate Mode - BugCheck 9f

Reaction score
I'm having a problem where my computer resets while in sleep/hibernate mode.

* Windows 7 Professional x64
* Dell Laptop XPS L702, roughly 3.5 years old

The crash symptoms are as such:
* It only occurs during sleep/hibernate
* It occurs quite regularly as I usually leave my laptop on at night, and find it reset in the morning (although it does sometimes happen much sooner)
* The computer enters sleep correctly, but once in sleep it occasionally will reboot itself due to a bugcheck 9F, typically after several hours
* The computer can exit sleep properly if it has not already crashed
* The computer has been patched fully on Windows Update
* I have no other symptoms of viruses or malware

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Attachments

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Start by making sure you are running the latest BIOS update. And if it continues then go in to control panel > power settings, advanced power settings and try disabling hybrid sleep (if you have that option under sleep). If it still continues, in advanced power again, try setting it so the hard drive never sleeps.

Reaction score
Awesome, I'll give that a shot and let you know. Thanks for the help!

Reaction score
Turns out my BIOS were up-to-date and hybrid sleep was already disabled. I configured the hard drive to never sleep.

I also ran some diagnostics from the boot menu and it gave me an error when checking the hard drive for errors. The error was code was "2000 0146".

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If your computer is still under warranty then I suggest you get them to replace the hard drive.

Reaction score
It is unfortunately not under warranty, so I may end up having to get a new one.

Ask a Question