Win 7 problem

Reaction score
I hope u guys can help me cuz im going nuts here. When i install win 7 everything is perfect. But when i have to install the drivers( video card and usb modem) then everything turn to shit.
1. after i install the video card driver i get an error sayng "the ati driver has not been installed pls reinstall the driver" ive tried every ati driver for win 7 and vista and still the same error.
2. when i install the usb modem whell i get a blue screen.

My sys:

Processor:
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+
Memory:
6 GB RAM
Video Card:
ATI Radeon HD 3850
Motherboard: ASRock AM2NF3-VISTA

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi XelloS

Windows 7 32 or 64 bit ?, can you post the make (eg) - Radeon etc and the No of your Graphics Card .. also the power of your PSU

Are you using Windows 7 drivers for the USB Modem ... but lets sort the ATI Card first :)

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
XelloS - Welcome to Windows 7 Forums!

When you installed Windows 7; did you do an Upgrade or a Clean install?

I have a Radeon HD3850 also, are you using the latest ATI driver v9.10?

If you installed the x64 Windows 7 did you make sure to install the x64 driver version?

Let us know what happens.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
I was looking for your spec under your Avatar M8 :D, You need to go Here for your HD3850, uninstall everything ATI, turn off your AV then install (and do use the Catalyst DL ... Overdrive is very handy).

Reaction score
For Veedaz its the same problem for win x64 and x86, ATI Radeon Sapphire HD 3850 AGP 512M PSU 700W Cooler Master Silent Pro.

For Nibiru2012 Its a clean install, ive tried all the drivers till 9.10 the same result, and yes ive installed the x64 driver for win 7 x64 the same result.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
You say you tried both 32 and 64bit :confused:...what bit is your OS ?

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
XelloS,

Your problem is the fact that your using an AGP graphics card instead of a PCI-Express card! Since your motherboard does not have a PCI-Express graphics slot then you need to read the following from ATI-AMD website:

Hotfix for “No compatible hardware found” error when installing Catalyst drivers for ATI Radeon HD 4000, ATI Radeon HD 3000 and ATI Radeon HD 2000 Series AGP products

• Back
Last Updated

10/22/2009

Article Number

Symptoms:
"No compatible hardware not found" error message when attempting to install the ATI Catalyst Drivers directly from the AMD Download Home Page for the ATI Radeon™ HD 4000, ATI Radeon™ HD 3000 or ATI Radeon™ HD 2000 Series of AGP video cards.
All published AMD drivers have passed Microsoft's WHQL certification tests. A WHQL driver for ATI Radeon™ HD 4000, ATI Radeon™ HD 3000 or ATI Radeon™ HD 2000 Series of AGP products is not currently available.
Resolution:
This hotfix resolves the following issues:

• Fix for problems with DirectX and ATI Radeon™ HD 4000, ATI Radeon™ HD 3000 or ATI Radeon™ HD 2000 Series of AGP Graphics cards.
  • Fix for "No compatible hardware not found" error message.
To download the Catalyst AGP Hotfix, please click on the links below:

Note: This driver is provided as is and is not supported by AMD. It has not completed full AMD testing, and is only recommended for users experiencing the particular issue described above.
Applicable Products:

The issue applies to the following products:

• Graphics Cards:
    ATI Radeon™ HD4000 series of AGP productsATI Radeon™ HD3000 series of AGP productsATI Radeon™ HD2000 series of AGP products

• Operating System:

Windows Vista® 32-bit EditionWindows Vista® 64-bit EditionWindows® XP ProfessionalWindows® XP Home EditionWindows® XP Media Center EditionWindows® XP Professional x64 Edition

Since the the ATI drivers for Vista and Windows 7 are the same then use the Vista x64 hotfix, if you're still using Windows 7 x64.

Reaction score
k ill try to install the hotfix drivers for win vista x64.......but there still the problem whit the blue screen from the usb modem, here ive let the win 7 install the usb drivers.

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
k ill try to install the hotfix drivers for win vista x64.......but there still the problem whit the blue screen from the usb modem, here ive let the win 7 install the usb drivers.
Is your USB Modem working now? Is it for wireless networking, wired networking or dial-up?

What is the make and model of your USB modem?

Still getting blue screens with the USB modem?

Reaction score
Is your USB Modem working now? Is it for wireless networking, wired networking or dial-up?

What is the make and model of your USB modem?

Still getting blue screens with the USB modem?
Yes my usb modem works perfectly now.

the problem was the bad modem driver.

and no i dont get any more blue screens errors exept the video card driver.witch i cant fix.....ive tryed to manualy install the driver and edit the .inf and donst work.

Ask a Question