Win 7 Pro 64 ~ taking too long to open programs, white screen, etc.

Reaction score
OK....
I spent the majority of last night reinstalling windows7. I'm back online. I want to thank all of you for your kind words and tremendous help.

As you can see, I was not convinced I really had to do a reformat of the OS. I Naively thought a program could remove these rootkits and I'll be free surfing again, but to my dismay, there are people out there that just LOVE to wreck havoc on the other people computers, and WHY? Don't they have better things to do? What do they gain from these attacks? You know who you are, and you should be ashamed of yourself!

Thank again!

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Please run a full A/V scan on your new system, particularly any data you restored, before opening any files. And also scan any attachments in your emails.

I'm glad you are back up. Could you confirm, does your system seem to be working faster now? If so please mark this thread Solved.

Shintaro

Reaction score
Ok, now you understand the "Wild West" of the internet.

SO I would strongly suggest the following:

• NEVER use the Administrator or equivalent on the internet. Create an account for yourself as a "Standard User" and use that.
  • Run Secunia PSI or the like to keep all your programs up to date.
  • Keep ALL drivers up-to-date.
  • Run scheduled AV checks everyday.
  • Run Malware checks frequently.
  • Keep a firewall enabled either MS or another vendor. **Just the firewall software I am talking about not that other garbage that comes with it.
  • If you use banking online always use "In Private browsing" mode. Be paranoid about banking as that is what the crooks want.
Those back things will help to stop BSOD's and help prevent malware / viruses. Nothing is 100% but those steps go a long way towards protecting yourself.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Ask a Question