system_service_exception error

Reaction score
Hi all, I've been getting a BSOD that says system_service_exception at top and on bottom it says like 0x00000003b along with a lot of other numbers every few days and it just started about a month ago, I have a Dell Inspiron 1545 with a 64 bit OS running Windows 7. I downloaded all the newest drivers at www.dell.com as I read that could be the problem (the drivers being outdated) but i'm still getting the BSOD's. I've just enabled minidumps so I'll be sure to attach a minidump file next time I get a BSOD.

I've also been downloading new service packs in the windows update program as I haven't been using or downloading anything on the windows update program in a long while, hoping that can fix the problem.

I tried doing a system restore but realized I never made a system restore point on this laptop, only on my computer.

Last edited:

Shintaro

Reaction score
Mate,
If you haven't been downloading and installing the service packs and fixes, then I would strongly suggest that you do an offline virus scan of your hard drive as soon as you can.
Also run chkdsk.
Download and install CPU-Z and post the .txt file to the forum.
Do you remember what you were doing when the computer crashed? Is it the same thing every time or a different thing, for example watching videos on Youtube or playing a game?

Reaction score
Wow ever since I installed some service packs I haven't got a BSOD. *KNOCKS ON WOOD* 9 Days without a BSOD !! I can't believe it.

Thanks for the replies and if I do get a BSOD again I'll post the minidumps

Shintaro, I don't have any blank cds or a flash drive to do an offline virus scan :( & to answer your question, the BSODs happen randomly but I'm usually running facebook, youtube, and a 2d game and ya its the same thing everytime

Ask a Question