BSOD : SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION error

Reaction score
Hello,

I have recently reformatted my computer, and have gotten frequent BSODs for SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION after the reformat.

I have taken a look at the other "BSOD threads", and hopefully have attached everything that's needed to find a solution!

(I have also tested my memory with memtest86, and it found no issues after 10+ runs).

My build is:
- ASUS M5A97 motherboard
- AMD Radeon HD 6770 video card
- G.Skill Ripjaws X: 2x4GB DDR3-1600 CL9-9-9-24 RAM
- AMD Phenom II X4 960T 3.00Ghz processor

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

Reaction score
Shutdown

system service exception , windows shuts down 3 times a day

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
lprules, you must upgrade to W7 Service Pack 1. I don't know it will solve your issue but there is a good possibility.

After you have upgraded to SP1 then you might also look at your drivers and make sure they are up-to-date, see HERE.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi Trainable Man,

Thanks so much for your input, and sorry for the late response (really busy with school and work the last month).

I've updated to SP1, and have definitely experienced less BSODs, but there are still some periodically, especially when I play videos on my computer.

Also, a curious thing that happens with these BSODs is that it is accompanied by a loud buzzing sound. The BSODs often come when I am watching videos as well.

I've attached recent dump files to this post.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Attachments

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Start by going to AMD and download the latest video drivers (I notice your video is Dec 19, 2012 and I see one from Jan 17, 2013 or a Beta from Feb 27, 2013 which might be worth trying). Before installing the latest video driver, download their AMD Catalyst Un-install Utility and run it. Then install the video driver (Install Driver-only, not the Catalyst Control Center because it is known to cause problems in some computers).

See if that helps. Post any new DMPs after you update the video drivers.

Ask a Question