Question in regard to Acronis True Image 2011

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I have Acronis True Image Home 2010 installed, I registered the program upon installing. A week or so ago, they sent me an email, saying for every user who registers for the promo will reduce the price by one cent. The full price is $49.99.

Yesterday, the final price was released, the full version of Acronis True Image 2011 for $24.99, for those who signed up for the promo. I would like to have it, but have a question. Will it allow me to access the images taken with the previous version? Also, for any current users of the new version, has any of you had problems with it on Win 7 64 bit? The reason that I ask, on a column that I'm a member of (Ask Leo), there were a few that did have issues with it working on 7 64 bit.

In his weekly columns, he usually harps on backing up on every one that I receive. His advice is generally good, and he covers a fair amount of topics, mostly security related ones.

The online backup that offered in the program is very attractive to me, and I'd like to upgrade.

Thanks for any responses.:)

Cat

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I tried it and also had problems in 64Bit. I didn't investigate too much, just went back to 2010!

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Thanks davehc!:)

So Leo's followers aren't the only ones having negative issues. $24.99 is a very attractive price for Acronis, but if there's going to be issues, I'll just stick with what I have. Acronis True Image Home 2010 is a decent program, hopefully it will continue to work for at least another year. I don't believe it's like AV's, where you have to renew every year.

I think that the next time I want a paid backup, I'll consider Macrium Reflect. Many knows them for their excellent free backup program, but they have a Pro version too. The Pro version unlocks the features that the Free version can't do, such as file & incremental backups.

Your experience kept me from throwing $24.99 down the toilet. I need to save all that I can for my next notebook, I was saving $50/monthly, since the weather is nicer, I should be able to stash $100/monthly for it.

Cat

Ask a Question