Defrag question

Reaction score
I just opened my disk Defragmenter for the first time. I have 4 internal drives, 1 SSD C drive (238 GB), and 3 storage drives (each is 3 TB). In disk defrag, the C drive says "never run" next to it, and 2 of the 3 storage drives have specific dates next to them, and "0% fragmented". But one of the other storage drives has "never run" next to it. Why would that be? Why would Win 7 single out this drive to not ever defrag?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Is the one that was never run your SSD? The reason I ask is because you should not defrag an SSD & Win 7 would know that..

Reaction score
Yes, one of the drives is my C drive, and it is SSD -- and I am aware that this drive should not be defragged. But the other drive is a SATA drive (as are two others), and it still says "never run" next to it, but the other two SATA drives have been defragged.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If it isn't an SSD then I would go ahead & tell Win7 to analyze it to see if defragging is needed.

As to why it wasn't run before, I don't know.

Ask a Question