Question regarding system restore.

Reaction score
Put very simply, what is the item circled in red ... and should protection be on or off? Thank you in advance.

PROTECT.PNG

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Type diskmgmt.msc in your Windows 7 search & run that program. Is there a "System" Volume listed?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I suspect it is one of the two Volumes that are blank but I am not positive.

Reaction score
I am wondering if it has to do with 'click to run' MS OFFICE that comes with W7. You know ... the Q: drive thing. (I never understood very well how that worked). I do have it installed ... with the Q: and all.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I am not familiar with any MS office that came with W7. I know some branded computers include free software or 30-day trial software so maybe you have something like that.

But there is currently no Q: Drive listed in your screenshot, so either you removed the drive letter assigned or Q: may be a virtual drive that simply gets assigned when you use the software.

Reaction score
Yes, Sir. I am referring to MS OFFICE STARTER which came free with W7.

https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...-Starter-379FBA5A-6D82-4E19-AA2E-D41627F5EA5E

It is kinda goofy the way it is deployed. Activating it results in a 'virtual' drive Q: and one can supposedly create a thumb drive and literally carry it from W7 computer to W7 computer. Free gift to Students ... more or less. It is listed in W7 programs as Microsoft Office 2010 before it is installed. The result is this odd Q: but you get a decent Word and Excel out of it.

Ask a Question