PC keeps freezing randomly, reboots & BSOD

Reaction score
Cheers guys!
I bought this PC like a year ago, it didn't have any issues until now. I've installed a fresh windows and it keeps freezing (unresponsive mouse, keyboard..), sometimes reboots without any notice and blue screen error comes up. Please check the following dump files and tell me what drivers I should install/update or what would be the problem. Thanks in advance.

CPU - AMD Athlon II X3 455 Processor 3.30 GHz
RAM - 4.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665 MHz (9-9-9-24)
OS - Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Service Pack 1
Motherboard - ECS A780LM-M2 (CPU 1)
Graphics - ATI Radeon HD 5450 (Sapphire / I think it's partnered with AMD)
HDD - 466GB Seagate ST500DM002-1BD142 ATA Device (SATA)
Optical Drive - TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-222AB ATA Device
Audio - VIA High Definition Audio
Network - Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller

Attachments

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Was it freezing before you reinstalled windows, is that why you reinstalled? I assume before the reinstall you checked to see if it was a virus. You might also run chkdsk to check HD.

Since it is a fresh install everything is pretty old, I only see about 12 drivers in the list from 2012. And the DMP just points to the Kernal so nothing is really flagged as a clear issue. Go to the MOBO website and get the latest drivers, go to AMD and get the latest video, audio etc.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes, it was freezing before the new installation too and yeah, that's the reason I've done it. I didn't check for any viruses before the re-installation because I thought formatting the hard drive would solve it.
I ran a disk check just two days ago..
I'll try to download the lastest drivers as you said and come back with an answer later..

EDIT: Could you give me the links please? It would be better. -_-

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
There are a lot of drivers and I don't have a day to devote to this, sorry.

You might download, install, and run Driver Agent. They offer a paid upgrade but if you just look at the red Xs you can pick out the most important things you need to search for such as Video, audio, & networking and search the web to find them manually.

Shintaro

Reaction score
Mate,

Please start by removing
AODDriver2.sys Wed Jun 15 18:38:35 2011 (4DF86F8B)

Which is part of AMD Over Drive and/or Easy Tune 6.
AMD Overdrive; as they are Known to cause BSOD issues in Win7

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Go to control panel > programs and features and find "AMD Overdrive" or "Easy Tune 6 AMD Overdrive" then select "uninstall".

Ask a Question