Windows 7 keeps freezing

Reaction score
I have just installed win 7 32bit on my desktop and it stopped twice and while I installed some programmes such as windows it kept freezing and I had to keep restarting. Has anyone any ideas how to stop it freezing.

Ken

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi Ken, if you mean the install freezing drop your Ram down to 1GB and if you have a Graphics Card installed remove and just use on board graphics ... install the GPU after you are up and running, also unplug external USBs as the GPU install after the Windows 7 install is finalised.

Reaction score
did you check the temperature of your cpu or mb or vga ?

Reaction score
start/run type msconfig and go to the services tab. Check the box Hide all Microsoft services and disable all remaining services. Reboot. If your issue has been resolved you can enable half the services and reboot. If still you have no issues, enable a couple of more until you find the service that is causing the problem. Disable that service because it probably is either corrupt or is interfering with a driver.

Ask a Question