win 7 64 bit keeps freezing/crashing

Reaction score
hello, first time poster.

So i have a asus g72Gx laptop.

the problem is that there is a pattern that the computer crashes under. a better term would be windows freezes.

so this happens ( i have noticed ) everytime when bicomet completes a download the computer freezes and i have to restart and then the download goes back to 96% and the same process goes again.

Another time is when i convert a music file on ITUNES to a AAC file so i can make a ringtone, as soon as it it completes the download it freezes and i have to restart the computer and it deletes the file.

Another time that this has happened ( only 2 times thaugh ) is when i get a facebook aim massage.

i updated my graphics driver, my bios, and still same. i have no clue what it is, and its very anoying.
if anyone could please help that would be great.

thank you

Reaction score
bump

Anyone have any clue? its really frustrating considering this is a brand new laptop, and i dont want to go to wind XP

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Did you do an upgrade install of Windows 7 or a clean install?

That may be causing the problems.

Have you checked to see if you have any malware or such lurking around?

You stated you upgraded the BIOS. Standard rule of thumb is that when the BIOS is updated, it is really recommended to do a clean install of the OS again and use the latest drivers available.

Reaction score
hello, first time poster.

So i have a asus g72Gx laptop.
First of all nice laptop :D
Now down to your problem:
1) Have you tried another downloading client?
2) Check for Malware as Nibiru2012 stated I suggest using malwarebytes
3) How long have these problems been occuring for you? Did they start from the beginning or did they just recently become a problem?

I have a few suggestions you might try now:
1) If the problems only recently began to occur try restoring the system to a restore point established before the problems began.
2) boot into safe-mode to see if the problems are still there
3) when your computer freezes the next time, Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open the Task manager. Once opened click on the "processes" tab and look for a process called "explorer.exe" in the list once you find it end the process. Go back to the applications tab then click the "new task" button and type "explorer.exe" without the "" then click the ok button. Sometimes this lets you regain control ( it works for me anyway ).
4) As a last resort, back up all your files and reinstall the operating system.

Do you clean on a regular basis? If not:
1. create a system restore
2. run ccleaner ( www.ccleaner.com ) after you install and open the program click run cleaner after that click the button that says registry >> then
click scan for issues >> then click fix selected issues.
3. run malwarebytes if you have not already, be sure to do a full scan.
4. defragment your hard drive
5. clear unneeded start up programs. ( goto search type "msconfig" without quotations then press enter >> click on the start up tab then read carefully for programs that may not be need to launch on startup.

Last edited:
Reaction score
ok i did a scan, no threats were detected. i bought the computer with a clean os install. it started maybe a month after i got the computer.

I have not tried using another download client, i will try, as for itunes i dont know what else i could use.

I have all up to date drivers, i will try a defrag, cc clean, and safe mode, and i will post back with results.

Thanks

PS: thanx, i love this laptop =)

Reaction score
ok i did a scan, no threats were detected. i bought the computer with a clean os install. it started maybe a month after i got the computer.

I have not tried using another download client, i will try, as for itunes i dont know what else i could use.

I have all up to date drivers, i will try a defrag, cc clean, and safe mode, and i will post back with results.

Thanks

PS: thanx, i love this laptop =)
There are plenty of good alternatives to itunes http://www.simplehelp.net/2007/07/08/10-alternatives-to-itunes-for-managing-your-ipod/

I think however, if you reinstall your OS you should be in calm waters. If you don't recovery disk's and can't access your recovery partition, then request a reinstalltion CD dispatch from your laptops manufacture. I think all you have to do is call tech support and tell them you want reinstallation CD's. Also you could make your own by downloading the Windows 7 ISO off line and using your valid product key that should be on your computer ( probably under the battery compartment ) and use it when you install windows. Good luck to ya.

Reaction score
This will fix it

i have the same machine and after hours of reading on forums i found the fix for the freezing crashing etc. The machine comes with Realtek HD audio and some idiot at Asus added Creative labs drivers into it as well. All you have to do is uninstall the creative hd drivers in add remove programs and Boo Yah!!!! all better!

I was wrong. I only thought it fixed it.
Back to Square

Last edited:

Ask a Question