Computer keeps freezing!

Reaction score
Hey,

I have Dell Inspiron N7010, windows 7. For security purposes; I have a Zone Alarm, Malware Bytes, and AVG. I constantly scan my computer to make sure it's in great condition. And often I get good results.

Lately my computer begins to freeze up at weird times. I'll be on a messenger chatting all of a sudden it freezes, and a strange sound appears. I restart and scan the computer with still good results.

Any suggestions on what to do? I clear cookies/temporary files/files i do not use. But it still freezes.

Thank you!

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Personally I would probably download Process Explorer from Microsoft and keep it running in a small window to see what program is running when it freezes. I assume you mean the free version of malwarebytes that you run manually because it is never a good idea to have two active virus scanners running.

AVG is known to cause problems for some systems (almost all anti-virus programs have issues on some machine or another). I would also suggest you completely remove AVG (not just turn it off) and see if that eliminates your freeze. If it does then try another A/V like Microsoft Security Essentials, if it's not the problem then reinstall if you wish.

Process Explorer is in the "System Monitoring" section of our Freeware DB.

Ask a Question