Partitoning Question

Reaction score
I just started using my new homebuilt Windows 7 Professional x64 computer 2-3 weeks ago. I roigianlly purchased 2 Western Digital Caviar Black 1.0 tb. hard drives from Newegg for this build. One for Windows and Programs. The second drive for my Contacts, Downloads, My Documents, My Photeos, My Music, My Videos and Saved Games folders.
Here's the problem I need help with. The second drive was dead on arrival and is on its way back to Newegg. I created a second partiton on the other hard drive that works and holds Windows 7. Does anyone know of a program I can use to delete this second partiton on this drive ? I'd rather just have one partition on both drives.
2nd RMA'd drive should be at Newegg next Wednnesday. When I recieve its replacement I want to put all Users personal files and a second pagefile on it.
I'd prefer to reformat current drive delete the second partition on it and do a clean Windows 7 install.
Any help and suggestions are greatly appreciated by me.

Reaction score
This software has worked great for me.

Partition Wizard Home Edition

However Disk Manager would work good for you. Windows 7 Disk Manager will allow you to stretch and shrink drive partitions, as well as create, delete, and format. Disk Manager will also let you change the drive letter assignments for all your drives.

Reaction score
Thanks Clifford

Thanks Clifford. I will download it and use it when my new hd arrives in 1-2 weeks. I'm going to do the clean install after I have my personal files on the second Caviar Black because sfc/ scannow is currrnetly finding a error it can't fix. I don't have any outdated drivers or anything. My software is all updated according to Update Notifier, Secunia PSI and MBSA 2.2. I figure the clean install will fix it. All my Drivers, Software Installers and WGA Updates are all saved in the Downloads folder, so I won't lose them. I've also got them on a Flash Drive as backup.
This software has worked great for me.

Partition Wizard Home Edition

However Disk Manager would work good for you. Windows 7 Disk Manager will allow you to stretch and shrink drive partitions, as well as create, delete, and format. Disk Manager will also let you change the drive letter assignments for all your drives.

Ask a Question