Not able to Browse

Reaction score
Hi,
I am not able browse internet through any of my browsers, but i am able to ping all the websites. I am having this problem for last couple of days. Tried many troubleshoots like

ipconfig release/renew/flushdns
cleared winsock
disabled antivirus/firewall
restored the computer
checked proxy

none of them worked. Then i formatted my PC and re-installed windows, still the problem persists. Need help very badly

Regards,
Abilash

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Does your internet connection run through a router and did you make any changes to its' settings recently? If so the router can also have a firewall and DNS server settings and could be the problem.

What have you installed recently? And have you scanned for viruses? Try restoring your computer to a restore point from before this problem (3 days ago).

If it is not your router and a restore doesn't help and don't have a virus then you might try changing DNS servers, though if your current setting isn't working I don't know why you can ping them. First, be sure to write down your current settings and then try an available public DNS server such as Free DNS or Google. See how HERE.

Reaction score
This computer is a part of a network and yes it runs through a router. All the other computer in the network are working fine. Even after formatting and reinstalling OS this system is giving me the same problem.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
The most likely explanation I can find is the DNS server settings, either the one maintained in the computer or one used by the router. The other possibilities would be your anti-virus firewall is blocking traffic or a browser add-in. And in certain countries the government blocks some sites but that wouldn't block them all. If you have checked all those then I don't know what else to suggest.

Ask a Question