Is Scanit still a reliable test for current browsers ?

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I just checked it out. Seems to be doing it's job. Also, it reported what I already knew, that I have RAM issues (on my notebook). It didn't report that the HDD's health is at less than 1%, but that wasn't part of the test.

It also done a few other tests, all except the RAM one passed.

Cat

Reaction score
I'm not sure how reliable the test are.

I can only report, all test passed on my setup.

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not sure if it's an up to date test. When I got my V2 Premier pc from ShopNBC back in 2005. It came a program called Data Lifeguard Tools and it had a link to the Scanit Browser test in it. I was wondering if anyone knows if it's current. If it is IE9, Firefox 4 and Opera 11.01 all pass it.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
What I don't know about the program is, what info is this app collecting, that we may not know about, besides what browser & version that we're running. First off, it reported to ignore any AV/IS interference, but at the time I ran it, I was using FF 3.6.16 on Mint 9. I have nothing of value on it, and I use the built in tool to delete all history everytime I run it.

I'm a bit leery when a app, especially one that I just heard of for the first time, tells me to ignore my AV protection. If plenty of users were using it, and no reported problems, then yes, I may try it out.

For running it one time, it appears to be working OK.

Cat

Reaction score
Cat. It checks the browsers to make sure there aren't any vulnerabilities in it.

Ask a Question